Changing

Nia- Please excuse any mistakes

November 29, 2020
1:34 p.m
Los Angeles, California
Javen Khari Scott

I sat down on a small couch in front of my therapist Mr

I sat down on a small couch in front of my therapist Mr. Smith. I've been here for about 45 minutes now and things were going great. He was really nice, was giving me great advice and allowing me to see from a different point of view. He wasn't bashing me, interrupting me or yelling at me. He was just being a good listener and was very understanding. Just supportive in all.

"Have you ever had a partner? Or do you have a partner as of now?"

"Well I've had 4 boyfriends my entire life. I just recently broke up with my ex."

"Have they played a part in your drinking problem?" I nodded.

"They all play a big part in all my problems. Men are just.....not for me." I laughed making him chuckle.

"Explain."

"Well my first boyfriend I had to break up with because I was moving, now the actually problem came later. He kidnapped my child and put his hands on him so yeah." He nodded.

"My second boyfriend me and him are very on and off. He's um....hit me, tried to rape me and he's cheated on me. That's why we broke up, we literally broke up like a week or two ago. So yeah and I have one child by him who is 2 months.."

"My next boyfriend he was so abuisve and very manipulative. He's raped me, and everything. I have 3 kids by him too, so."

"The last boyfriend he was actually very nice but it seemed like his mother always made decisions for him so we broke up." He nodded.

"Ok, so who do you feel played a big part the most?"

"My two exes, Chris and Kentrell. Kentrell is the one I recently broke up with and have one child with. Chris is obviously the other one who hurt me bad and I have 3 kids with." He nodded.

"I feel Chris gave me the starting point and Kentrell finished it off. I don't know.....it's like they they both are literally the same, but at the same time different. They just both drove me insane. Although Chris isn't alive anymore, I still think about how he use to treat me." He nodded.

"So Chris isn't alive anymore?" I shook my head.

"Well let's talk about Kentrell." I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"Does he have a good relationship with your kids from your previous relationship?" I nodded.

"He is literally their dad. They call him daddy and he calls them his kids. They have a very tight bond, but the thing is. Every time we argue he'll only claim our daughter that we have together. So it's kinda like......well ok. Do you really love them or do you just act like you do because you feel you have to? I feel it's just not fair to them."