You or You

Nia - please excuse mistakes I'm tired asf I'll fix them 💙
November 17, 2022
12:40 p.m
Los Angelas, California
Javen Khari Scott

"Yeah tell me, who's it always gon be? Me or him?"

"Uhh......" I looked at both Chris and Kentrell.

"Hey...." I looked at Chris.

"You don't have to choose, you shouldn't have to choose. Neither of us is good for you so what does it matter." I nodded my head.

"But, if you ever wanted to choose..." I chuckled.

"I'd choose you, because we both know the truth and the reason behind it all. And it's not because of you. I can't be mad at something I caused. And I'm so sorry I made you into this angry person because you really did use to be so sweet. God Chris, it's been years since I've seen you smile or heard you laugh."

"I know, but I don't have a lot to be happy about. I don't have joy in my life."

"I'll change that." I said with a smile.

"So this what you want?" Kentrell asked looking more hurt than he was in 2016 and I fucked him over with Kholen.

"No, nor is it what I need. But like I said, me and Chris know the truth behind it all. And he is the way he is because of me, can't lie about that. I'm going to help him get back to his normal self, and if that takes us to a point..........so be it. But I don't think it will, it shouldn't." He nodded.

"Fine.....uh- imma go see Journey. And Chris.......don't take advantage. Adore and appreciate she'll get fed up one day." He nodded.

Kentrell looked at me and I sighed. I took off the necklace and chain he had once gave me that I've had for years. I put it in his hand and he shook his head.

"Bye Kentrell." I wrapped my arms around his neck but he didn't hug me back.

"I still love you with everything in me, I think we're honestly just better apart. I'm sorry." I let him go.

"I'll be by to get them later tonight." He mumbled and I nodded.

"Ok that's fine." With that, he left out the room. I knew this was hurting him but it was what it was. He would eventually move on.

"Ok......moving forward."

*Hours Later*
9:37 p.m
I stood a few feet away from Chris as I watched him angrily throw glass bottles at a wall. No he wasn't hurting me. I had took him to therapy and anger management today and he did really well. He was able to open up about a lot of things I didn't even know about. His anger management coach suggested he come to a rage room so here we are.

He threw the last bottle before sighing.

"You ok?" He nodded.

"Can I smash something else?" I nodded bringing him over to another station. One of the workers explained to him what to do.