One Life

Nia - Excuse any mistakes 🔗💙

December 3, 2022
10:05 p.m
Ubud Bali, Indonesia
Javen Khari Scott

mUbud Bali, Indonesia Javen Khari Scott

"Kentrell.......why is this here?" I asked as he stared at the ring that sat in the box. He looked at me with those beautiful eyes. He got up coming over to me.

"Uh I-" He sighed before shaking his head.

"Jay........." I looked up at him.

"I love you ok. We've been through so much together and it may sound crazy to even believe I love you or you love me. I apologize for all the hurt I brought to you. I've done some fucked up shit in the past and I know it mentally fucked you up. I know that, I seen that. Me hurting you caused you to change in the worst way. I thank God though because he gave us enough time to forgive each other, move on and come together again. We've made the best out of so many situations. I honestly don't know what I would do without you."

A tear rolled down my face and he wiped it away. 

"I'm grateful to still be able to have you in my life because there's so many times when I could've lost you. I wanna thank you for blessing me with three kids and allowing me to be a father to my other three. I apologize for all the negative things I've said to them, about them and more. They nor you deserve that. Thank you for forgiving me, I know it's never easy."

"I love you though and I'm glad we got through all that shit. I'm glad we did it together. Only we would understand us. Those people on the outside looking in are the ones who would call us crazy but don't know all the hell we've been through together or the strong love we have for each other. But we do, that's why we here together."

He took the box out my hand and I could feel my heart beat speed up.

"I want you to forever be in my life and by my side. Even on our worst days." I nodded my head slowly. He took a deep breath and I watched him get down on one knee.

"Javen Khari Scott, will you marry me?" My jaw dropped and I just stared at him.

Will you marry me? Kept replaying in my head. A smile formed on my face before it turned into a frown.

He's hit me

Tried to rape me

Had sex with my aunt

Disrespected my kids

Disrespected me

Sexually assaulted my daughter and more.......

A tear rolled down my face and I took a step back. Those memories started to flood my head.

"Jay-"

"No.......I will not marry you Kentrell, I can't." He put his head down.

"I don't even know why.......I'm even still putting up with yo ass, after everything you've done. Kentrell this can't be my life, it just can't be."