1 [Do Thing's Change For The Good or For The Worst?]

I used to be a normal girl, went to school got good grades, went out with friends and family; you know that sort of life. But that changed big time when my father a general of the marine academy in North Blue district married a woman from the East Blue district. It all changed after the day they both said 'I Do' after that she showed her true colors to me only and acted like a different person with my father.

I was only ten when she married my father, I lost my real mother when I was born so father raised me by himself and he thought I needed a mother figure but I just wanted was to just be with my father since it was fine with just us two; he always treated me with a warm heart always told me to do what was right and I did. But with my step-mother, I lost all my nerve when she showed me what she could really do to a ten years old; she would put me to work like a slave as she just sat and shopped online every day or going out clubbing and coming in late. She would kick me or slap me if I tried to speak back to her; so I just let things go the way they are even when I tried telling my father she would always be there no matter what cuddling up to him and acting like a wife and a mother but I never followed her mother act which lead to her beating me and locking me in my room until the morning with no dinner.

I was living in hell for the rest seven years, I was now seventeen years old and she had backed away a little bit from the beating and kicking but still bossed me around like a slave of hers. And I never said anything, I was just a doll now I could barely talk to my friends at school anymore; I didn't want them to see me so weak and so worthless, that I was afraid they would leave me even though they said they be there for me no matter what but that didn't help what I thought in my mind.

I was walking back home as the sun was setting, I always took the long way home so I could spend time in the nice warm summer breeze enjoying the freedom I had outside those walls I once called home. But I smiled knowing that father would be home from training new marines, even if she was there he would still be there more me. The sight of the house came into my view having me smile a little as I started walking faster to it. I opened the big door closing it softly making sure that she didn't hear me. But I noticed her bag and high-heels gone which meant she was out clubbing again, I smiled more as I turned around dropping my school bag on the floor.

"Father, I'm home!" I shouted out through the house, but I didn't get an answer.

"Father? Are you home?" I shouted again as I checked the kitchen not there, living room not there, bedroom, not there so his last spot would be his office maybe fell asleep again from over working.

I couldn't help but chuckled to myself as I walked up the stairs up to his office, I knocked softly on the door and slowly opened the door but I was never prepared to see what I would be seeing.

"FATHER!!" I yelled out as I ran over to his body who laid on the ground lying on his stomach.

Blood gushed out from him, his face was bashed in from the desk as I glanced around; I pulled out my cellphone and called the police to come as I cried over my father's dead body begging god that this would be a dream that I was having.

Once the police arrived who were close friends to my father, Officer Smoker and his partner Tashigi. His team looked around the office as they placed my father's body in a bag to take him away. Tashigi was sitting beside me in the living room downstairs, I didn't know how to feel really all I know I was alone, alone forever with that woman. The sound of Smoker clearing his voice in front of me made me look up to him wondering what he found.

"We found no force entry, so you're father knew the person who killed him. do you remember anything of any person who would met him before you returned from school?" Smoker spoke to me as he kneeled in front of me.