What Is Love

"I'm scared, Tilly.."

Troye touched my hand with his clammy fingers.

"Don't be scared, you're gonna smash this. You sit here." I ordered him, pointing at a plush couch.

He obeyed without questioning, looking at his hands which were shaking slightly.

"They all love you out there!" I placed his iPhone on his lap which was showing his Twitter feed full of encouragement and fangirling. We were in a small backstage room, alone. I leant down, passed him his noise-cancelling headphones, and hugged him tightly round the shoulders.

"Love ya, Troye boy. I'll see you out there."

My voice broke slightly on the "love" part, but he didn't notice.

Emma walked in, smiled and kissed me lightly on the cheek as I went out of the room to take my seat.

The room was huge. The stage seemed so far away, at the end of the hall, rows and rows of chairs in front of us. Most of them were filled- Troye's fame has spread across most of the city, Australia even.

I took my seat at the front, with Laurelle and the Mellets not far away, and Connor to my right. He put a hand on my knee, looking at me questioningly.

"You look more nervous than Troye!" he commented with a small smile.

I shrugged and looked around the room. It was hung with decorations, green and red streamers and posters which said "Inter Faith Gathering with music from Troye Sivan".

"1, 2, sound check," a deep voice boomed from the stage. I snapped my eyes back to see a tall man with an impressive beard and a turban, smiling out on the crowd.

"Well, well, well! Thank you all for coming. I'm Radesh and I'll be your host! To kick things off, I'd like to introduce Troye Sivan who will be singing for us today."

There was a smattering of polite applause and Tyde made a shrill whistle, cheering. Troye walked on and took the microphone, setting it into the stand in front of him. He looked beautifully smart in a skinny-fitting black suit and tie.

"Hello, everyone," he said with a cute smile. His voice rang out pure and loud. His brown hair was fashionably messy, falling in little ringlets over his forehead.
"Thank you for coming. Religion has always been a big part of my life and to me it doesn't matter what race.. or religion.. that you are. It's your heart that counts. So-uh- yeah."

He started singing and I settled back, realising I had been teetering on the edge of my seat. His voice filled the hall. Song after song captured our hearts and ears as the night continued. There was a small break for people to mingle and a couple of side rooms held stalls and little tables, with books, leaflets and stories about each religion or culture. I didn't see Troye, so although I pretended to be interested I really wanted to be back there listening to the voice of the man I loved.

Finally Radesh called us back to our seats and Troye came back on, flashing genuinely happy smiles at everyone.

"I'm gonna finish by singing a song in Hebrew, to celebrate my culture.. I hope you all enjoy it."

My Jewish prince.

Suddenly hours of hysterical Skype conversations came back to me, with his smooth honeyed voice serenading me. I bit my lip and looked up, thinking my heart might just burst with pride. What if he was singing it especially for me?

He closed his eyes and began to sing. As with whenever he sang, I felt a strange feeling bubble in my stomach which warmed me to the core. It was as if his soul was pouring out of his lungs.

Laurelle began to sniff slightly and out of the corner of my eye I saw Shaun kiss the top of her head.

All was peaceful while he sang, and when he opened his eyes a collective sigh ran around the room.

"Thank you," he said quietly. "As-" his voice shook, "as this is a place where we are welcoming, and accepting, and friendly- I'd like to say something."

People in the crowd looked at each other, confused. Connor turned his head to gauge my reaction, and looked back at Troye. Everyone else seemed to fade into nothing.

"I know some people in the crowd might not agree with this, but I'm gay. And I believe gay is okay. And people ask all over the world, on their Twitters and their Tumblrs and their shouting to the heavens - what is love? And I don't have an answer, because - because it's something you can't put into words. If it's alright with all of you, I'd like to bring someone up here."

A few people around me gasped. Some shook their heads but I didn't care. I was focused entirely on Troye, every part of him, the way his eyes skimmed the crowd and came to rest on me.

"Tyler Oakley, I love you so much. I can't imagine a world without you and I can only wish that you feel the same." He looked down bashfully, "or at least I hope you do, or this would be very embarrassing. Will you come up here?"

I rose as if in a dream, walking slowly up to the stage. Laurelle sobbed as I went past, and I climbed the few steps up to the stage. He pulled away from the mic and spoke just to me.

"I'm sorry about everything. Are you okay?" He took my hand.
"I'm more than okay, Troye boy. Thank you for this.. this is crazy."

He moved his mouth closer to the mic and said,
"Tyler, would you do me the honour of being my boyfriend?"

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and wiped it away, feeling like I had not smiled this big in forever. I nodded quickly and the crowd broke into applause.

"Yes," I whispered, stepping closer and kissing him softly on the lips. I pulled back with a blush and hugged into his side as he thanked the crowd.

We walked off stage together, and his hand was warm and soft linked with mine. Where it was supposed to be.

A/N Um.. so that was Tilly's Boy! I'm so glad if you sticked around until the end and I'm kind of emotional right now. It's been a journey full of crappy writing and a lot of cups of tea.

some stellar people

Aussietroylerfangirl LouisandhisLostBoys, TroylerSivann,
sureader97 for basically making me carry on writing lol.
And many inspirational writers in the fandom!

Im not sure about new works - Troyler isn't such a big part of my life any more- these last few chapters were sitting unpublished on my wattpad for months before now and I dont know if it's something ill do again. I do however write non-fanfiction in my spare time and I will try and upload to sites like Figment so if youre interested in seeing more of my writing please just message me. Thank you all so much for the reads, likes, and comments, it made my day to see you enjoy something I made. Stay smiling, you're all angels xxx

love you!