Moon River

I had to almost drag Troye out of the car. He was limp and awkward, but not heavy. His skinny limbs draped over me as I struggled to the door of my apartment. A window was open a few doors down and a few notes of Moon River drifted down the street. I looked up, thinking how the moon wasn't really a river, more of a small pond, and walked down the path.

Trouble was, there was already somebody there.

An ugly string of words slashed the early morning air.

"There's lover boy," a gruff voice slurred.

Suddenly, the drunken expression on Troye's face turned to one of fear and guilt as the man stepped out of the shadows. I saw the bruising and a few cuts around his nose, and I realised this must be Jason.

"Lover boy's hurt himself has he?" Jason sneered, flicking Troye's bandaged wrist.

"Leave him alone," I said. It would have been better if my voice wasn't shaking.

"He's drunk," Jason dismissed, and lunged for him. I yelled and pulled Troye out of the way just in time- Jason's fist whistling past his pale cheek.

"See what this fucker did to my face?" he raged, pointing at his nose.

"He didn't mean it," I said, shielding Troye with my own body. "Now get lost."

"I could call the police on him," Jason said murderously.

"I told you get lost!" I didn't want him to see which apartment I lived at. He must have followed us home. My heart was racing.

Suddenly, he turned in a smooth movement of muscles and I watched as he walked away, breathing heavily.

Troye was crying.

"Troye, no, it's fine, please don't worry," I said helplessly. I took one last look to make sure Jason was gone, and took Troye up the steps into my apartment.

"C'mon, Troye," I said coaxingly. I made us a glass of water each, and tenderly undressed him, wishing he would stop crying, because every shaky breath broke my heart.

"Troye, please," I said as I put sweatpants and a shirt over his boxers. "You're fine, I'm here."

I didn't even get changed myself- I just tucked him into the double bed and crawled in after him.

His hands immediately found mine like little starfish. He curled into me, the tears finally drying as I lay still, letting him cuddle me as we both fell asleep.

A/N Please comment/vote/and all that jazz. Let me know what you think will happen next! Don't worry. It will all work out in the end.

<3 I love you more than pooh bear loves honey.

Ciao, munchkins xox