Touch

Zoe's hair was wavy down her back, fading from dark brown to blonde. She had no make up on, just a smile. That was enough for me. Behind her walked Alfie, pulling along their luggage, with his familiar look of his arms and legs being too long for his body, wearing a red hoodie and some designer stubble. Troye and I were holding a large sign which read Zalfie in rainbow letters. It was so flamboyant, it had to be Tyler Oakley. Zoe squealed and ran at us, immediately catching us in a group hug, and Alfie joined, his warm large hands on our backs. They were so cute together.

"Guys I missed you so much and we have so much to talk about and the flight was really smooth but we're jetlagged already," Zoe said breathlessly. We giggled at her enthusiasm.

"Zo zo," Troye said before squeezing her. They chatted animatedly while I bumped my shoulder against Alfie and we started walking back to my car.

"It wasn't trouble to pick us up, was it?" He said, grinning at me.

"Of course not. It's always better when you have someone to talk to in the car. Troye came with me."

Yeah, and it's even better when that person is the man you are undeniably and wholeheartedly in love with, and every adjustment of his quiff made your heart flutter. Oops.

I looked over at him now, laughing out loud at something Zoe said. Alfie followed my gaze.

"Cute, isn't he?" he said, followed by his trademark cackle. "How's Troyler coming along?"

"Oh, fine. Frickle frackling in public places, that sort of thing. How's Zalfie coming along?" I countered, lifting up the huge sign.

"She's just so perfect," Alfie said dreamily.

I know how you feel.

Back at my apartment, Alfie and Troye had gone to get us some Chinese food and I took this as a perfect opportunity for some Zyler time.

"Zoeeee," I whined. "I need to talk to you.."

"But I'm busy!"

"You just got here!"

"I'm on tumblr," Zoe admitted as she sat cross-legged on my couch, Mac on her lap.

"This may or may not involve my love life," I said wearily. She looked up and raised her eyebrows before shutting the laptop with a snap.

"Spill," she giggled, and I flopped down next to her, lying against the arm of the sofa.

"It's Troye godamn Sivan," I said.

Zoe smiled knowingly. "Yes, I thought so."

"What?"

"Well, it's obvious. Why don't you get together already?"

Huh. Apparently everyone knew. Except the one person I wanted to know.

"Because he's young and inexperienced and I don't want to tie him down to someone older than him and he just sees me as a friend and what if we break up, I don't want to ruin our friendship that we have because I still want him in my life," I explained in a rush, and played with the cushion on the sofa.

"Aww, Tyy!" Zoe said and curled up next to me, hugging me. "It'll all work out. Do you want me to talk to him?"

"Nooo," I moaned. "I don't know what I want. I just want him to like me back, y'know?"

"I'll make Troyler real, don't worry," Zoe said.

"No! Zoe! Don't do anything. I want to tell him myself, if I ever do."

"Aww, don't worry." Zoe's voice was comforting, but there was a cheeky glint in her eye. "I won't."