Pound the Alarm

"Ew. Ew. Ew." I said as I flicked through the rails of Halloween costumes, dismissing each character as I looked over the shiny plastic packaging.
"Come onnn Tyler," Connor begged. He and Korey were standing next to me. Connor held a fluorescent skintight skeleton costume and Korey appeared to be holding a dominatrix outfit.
"But they're all horrible," I whined like a child.
"How about this one?" Connor suggested, pulling out a giant pumpkin suit.
"Ha ha ha," I said sarcastically. I had to look perfect for Troye. Not that I was trying to impress him. I wanted something evil, magical, magnificent.
I finally came out of the store with the perfect outfit under my arm and grinned.
"Thank the Lord and heaven above, he's found something," Korey said dramatically and I flicked his arm. "Can we see?" they pestered. I pulled the bag open a little bit so they could have a peek and they laughed uncertainly. I wasn't worried. I knew Troye would love it.

We, the three Musketeers, spontaneously decided to go out for drinks to celebrate us finding perfect Halloween costumes. I loved mine so much I kept opening the bag just a tad to check if it was still there. It glistened under the plastic just begging to be tried on.
"Let's go to Fools," Korey said hopefully. It was a gay bar not far from here, one of the best in L.A.
"Excuse?" said Connor. Oh. I forgot one of the Musketeers was straight.
"You can deal with a gay bar right Con Con?" I snorted. "I promise if a guy tries to hit on you Korey will swoop in and save you."
He eventually agreed after a lot of pouting and grumbling that he'd never get a girlfriend while he was friends with us. Korey and I squeezed him in a three-way hug and jumped into Korey's bashed-up yellow car.
***
Pulling up on the dark street I could already feel the atmosphere and music seeping into my veins. We walked past a line of cars- a shiny blue Megane that would probably have its windows broken by the end of the night, and a dark red Fiat. I stared at the red car wondering where I had seen it before, then shrugging and walking in.

I sat at the bar, watching mischeviously as Connor tried to evade the eye of a huge tattooed hunk. Tried and failed, I might add, and I held in my cackle as the massive guy walked over to Connor and struck up what looked like a flirty conversation.
"You're Tyler Oakley," a voice from behind me said, and I turned in surprise. I hadn't expected to get recognised here.
"Yeah, I am!" I chirped, thinking he was a fan. Dim blue lights flickered above us, turning the man's blonde spiky hair a tinge of cyan. He looked around twenty.
"I've heard a lot about you," he continued. It struck me as an odd thing to say, but I smiled at him.
"Good things I hope..?"
"Yep." He suddenly stuck out a hand and I shook it, bemused at the formal gesture. He looked at me with his dark brown eyes as he said,
"I'm Bas."

Once I had gotten over the initial shock of meeting Troye's ex, I looked him up and down. I can see why they clicked. Judging by his skinny jeans and band tee, he was just Troye's type. I found jealousy burning at the pit of my stomach and quickly took my attention away from their relationship, looking back up at his milky face. He was actually wearing the glasses Troye had described- thick rimmed hipster glasses with no lenses in.
"Oh. I've heard a lot about you too." I admitted truthfully. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a panicked Connor shaking his head at the tattooed guy's advances. I scanned the room for Korey but he was nowhere to be seen.
"Can we talk somewhere else?" Bas asked, gesturing up at the thumping speakers that were currently playing Pound the Alarm.
I shook my head. "I can't leave here. My friends are here. If you look closely you can see my straight friend being molested," I grinned pointing at Connor. The Hulk, as I had nicknamed him, appeared to be trying to get Con to slow dance with him. Bas laughed. It was a pleasant sound, like the tinkling of water. I took a drink of my beer.
"At least let me give you my number," he persisted so I gave in, letting him punch the number into my iPhone.
"Thanks," he said, handing it back. "See you around, Ty," he sang and then left. I watched as he walked out of the door. Shortening my name already? We only just met!