wilbur

TW?- blood, knives, mention of dying

It was a normal saturday night. Wilbur and y/n were playing monopoly! They usually dedicate saturdays to board game night. They get snacks, play a board game, and just have a grand old time.

Currently, Wilbur was kicking her ass. He had so many houses and she was almost bankrupt.

"come on, just lend me a thousand dollars pleasseeee ill give you a hugggg!" y/n says, trying to not lose the game to wilburs stupid apartments.

"ive already given you three thousand!" wilbur says while counting his money.

y/n gives a long "ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh fineeeeeeee" before they hear a knock at the door. It is 1 am, so no one should be knocking the door this late at night.

Wilbur turns around in his chair, raises his eyebrow, then turns back around to look at the confused girl.

"uh stay here. I am going to go look." wilbur says, quite sternly. She nods her head as wilbur gets up and goes more into the kitchen. He grabs a big carving knife as he goes up to the front door.

He puts the knife down and looks through the peephole. no one there. he turns around and looks at y/n.

"guess it was some stupid ding dong ditch prank." he says, whiping his forehead.

y/n wasn't as tense anymore as wilbur was on his way back over to the table. Right when he pulled out his chair to sit down, the lights went off. Both of them got EXTREMELY more nervous than before.

"OKAY MAYBE IT WASN'T A PRANK" wilbur says as he pushes in the chair. y/n immediately stands up as she goes over to wilbur. she wraps her arms around his side as he holds the knife up and out.

They start hearing some footsteps in the living room, which was a place where from the dining table, they couldn't see fully. y/n squeezed him more as wilbur had to make a tough decision.

"y/n, your'e going to have to run." he says with a bit of a worried tone in his voice.

she looked at him like he was insane.

in a quiet but upset and shocked voice, she yelled "run! what about you! i cant do this alone!"

"hey hey hey its okay, ill be right behind you the whole time!" he says, looking down at her, hoping she will see him with as little possible light there was.

She looks up the stairs, then back at wilbur.

"Are you going to hold my hand too?"

"yes i will. ill have the knife in the other and we will just bolt for it." he says, like an action plan.

they both take a deep breath as wilbur slowly counts down. y/n grabs his hand in hers as she waits for the go.

"3, 2, 1"

"now."

y/n runs in front as wilbur stays behind her. They start bolting up the stairs as they hear a heavy set of foot stomps behind them.

"RUN RUN y/n FUCKING GO!" Wilbur says from behind. y/n can't really talk, she is trying to run fast and keep their concentration.

All of a sudden, she feels wilburs hand not in hers anymore. She turns around as she sees him with a man around him, not letting go.

"WILBUR!" she screams, trying to go down the stairs after him.

"GO y/n! DON'T WAIT FOR ME! SAVE YOURSELF!" from what little light there was, she saw wilburs facial expressions in a way she has never seen them before. He was in this weird state of panic, a little sadness in there too.