49: Here With You

[victoria's pov]

It's been two years since The Battle of Hogwarts. It took me a year and a half to slowly heal. During that one and a half year, I decided to leave the Wizarding and Witchcraft World.

Molly, Harry, and I would still Owl each other. Occasionally, I would visit. I had started a muggle life in a muggle country. In a completely normal world, oblivious to the knowledge of magic.

I am now happily married to my husband. He had given up a lot to help me and I loved him with all my heart. We understood each other.

I was with a child and was expecting soon too. Life was perfect. New technology was being introduced and it took my husband and I some time to figure out, like the television and pay phone.

Currently, I have to wait for my husband to get home from work so I can go get an appointment. I stared at my promise ring, lost in my thoughts. I still thought about Tom. As a matter of fact, I thought about him all the time and cried when I felt the loneliest without him.

"Love, come on! We're gonna be late!" My husband called.

I got up from the rocking chair and went down the stairs.

"Gosh, I feel like an elephant," I said to my husband.

"But you're still the most beautiful woman in any world," he said.

I laughed, flattered.

"Thank you, Tommy," I said. "Now, hurry, before we're late."

He laughed.

"We won't be late," Tom said. "I'll make sure of it."

"You better not speed again. We'll get in trouble," I warned.

"Don't worry, I won't"

Indeed, life was perfect.

・゚✧flashback・゚✧

I stared outside my window, looking down at the streets of Greece.

I heard a knock at the door and got up, expecting it to be my therapist.

"You're pretty early. It's only-"

I stopped when I saw who it was. My eyes met a familiar pair of green eyes with a splash of gold. This time, no red flash.

"Tom?" I asked in disbelief.

"Hello, love."

I was lost for words. It was probably just one of my hallucinations. I stared at him, thinking he would vanish like always.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"You're not real," I whispered, backing away.

He laughed at what I said and walked in, closing the door behind him. He walked slowly to me.

Out of the blue, his lips met mine. My eyes widened and a familiar feeling flooded my body: Love.

I knew it wasn't a dream because if it was, I would've woken up at that point.

"Are you still sure I'm not real?" he asked.

I pulled him in for a hug and cried.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"Well, you're not dead, right?" he asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion, sniffing.

He cupped my cheek, and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"If my Horcruxes were dead, I would be as well," Tom said. "When Harry defeated me, he only killed a part of me. He killed Voldemort. If you hadn't woken up, I wouldn't be standing here."

"You're confusing me, Tom," I said, sniffing.

"You're strong. You've always been," he said with a smile against my lips. "Your stubborn heart kept fighting for me... you'll never understand how much I love you."

My heart raced with disbelief. Not because he said I love you. But because he was really here, his warm hands cupping my face and his breath against my skin. His voice was strong and steady while I was ready to crumble beneath him.

"I love you too," I said and our lips locked.

He broke the kiss and asked me what I've been yearning for.

"Do you want to start the family you always wanted?"

-------☾-------

・゚✧mischief managed・゚✧