9: Run

[victoria's pov]

I was panting from all the running. My heart was racing and sweat dripped down my face. I hid behind the pillar and held my breath hoping the monster wouldn't find me.

"Find her," I heard a familiar voice say. My mind couldn't make out the face that I was trying to find. The owner of the deep smooth voice was distantly familiar, but all I could focus on was to survive.

Once the hissing was far enough, I ran. I ran for my life. I ran for my future. I ran until my legs gave up and I stumbled. Tears of fear dared to escape me. I heard a hissing closely behind me and turned around. My eyes locked with the beasts' vibrant yellow eyes and there was a blood-chilling scream, but it wasn't mine. The scream echoed over and over until...

... I woke up. I was sweating and my heart was racing. I shot out of bed and looked around me. Lily was peacefully asleep. I looked at Molly. She was in a funky position. Her head was hanging off the bed and she was snoring loudly, peacefully asleep. I chuckled at my friend's silliness and got up to fix her position otherwise, she would be very sore the next morning. I covered her up with her blanket and kissed her forehead. I checked the time.

It was five in the morning.

I didn't feel like going back to sleep so I got up, grabbed a book, and went to the common room. On the couch, I saw Sirius sitting and lost in his thoughts.

"Sirius?"

He snapped back to reality. "Oh, Victoria. What are you doing this early?" he asked curiously.

"I couldn't sleep. How 'bout you?" I asked.

"I couldn't sleep as well," he said. "Maybe I'm too tired to fall asleep."

"I could bore you to sleep," I said.

"And how could you possibly do that?" he asked.

"I could read to you."

"Good thinking."

"Thanks."

I went over to him and sat next to him. I opened my book and started reading from the first chapter.

"What book is it?" Sirius asked.

"It's called, The Fault In Our Stars," I said. "It's a Muggle Book."

"I don't mind."

I nodded and continued reading. Sirius comfortably laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes.

-------☾-------

Let's just pretend "The Fault in our Stars" wasn't written in the modern age.

Your author, riddlefiqs.