1: The Invitation

・゚✧I solemnly swear that I am up to no good・゚✧

[victoria's pov]

There's a knock at the door that pulls my attention away from my book.

Tom and I peeked our noses out of our books. Our "lovely" caretaker, Mrs. Cole, and an unfamiliar elderly man stood in front of us. We ignored them and went back to reading our heavy books. Mrs. Cole cleared her throat and gave us the evil eye.

"Victoria, Tom, I'd like you to meet Mr. Dumbledore," she said with a warning tone.

Tom shut his book, annoyed about having to be interrupted. I shut my book to be polite.

"Well, then. I'll leave you three alone for some time to talk," Mrs. Cole said, breaking the short silence. She walked out the door but stopped before giving Tom and I the look that said, behave. Once her footsteps could no longer be heard, Mr. Dumbledore spoke.

"I have heard some very interesting things about you two," Mr. Dumbledore spoke.

His tone was more complimenting than accusing unlike the previous doctors that had visited. We've received many visits from teachers, doctors, physiatrists within our lives–but most recently because of weird occurrences that had happened.

"You don't know the slightest detail about us yet," Tom said defensively.

Mr. Dumbledore just smiled and leaned in closer. "I know you two have been experiencing some unexplainable things. Something..." He whispered the next word. "...Magical."

Tom began to tap on the book with his finger. Morse code.

-Fishy.

-Yes.

-Danger.

Tom's theory scared me.

"Mr. Riddle, I assure you I am anything but danger," Mr. Dumbledore said knowingly with a reassuring smile.

Tom and I looked at each other. It was surprising since not everyone knew morse code like us.

"I must say, you two are extraordinary," Mr. Dumbledore complimented. "Very intelligent, indeed."

"You're the new doctor aren't you, Mr. Dumbledore," Tom said, suspicious of the man's identity. "You've come to examine us."

"No, I am not a doctor. And I go by Professor."

"Are you here to adopt us then?" I asked, hiding the excitement in my voice. Tom and I were close. We would never agree to be adopted unless we get adopted together.

"No."

My excitement disintegrated and I looked at my feet.

"But..."

I lifted my head again.

"I've come to offer you a better place to live. A home called Hogwarts," he said.

I smiled.

"Really?" I asked and looked at Tom. I could tell he still didn't trust Professor Dumbledore. "Come on, Tom. You know we don't belong here."

"You see, Hogwarts is a school of witchcraft and wizardry. It's a school for magical and unique students and I believe you two are capable of magical abilities, right?" he asked.

My eyes widened. "Well... you see, it wasn't Tom's fault. Jeremiah was just being very-"

I was interrupted by Tom. "Being a big arse, that's what."

Professor Dumbledore nodded. "At Hogwarts, we teach you how to control your powers and how to unlock your extraordinary self. I'd like to have you two attend. Would you- perhaps accept my invitation?" Dumbledore asked.

I looked at Tom. Tom looked at me.

He knew I wanted it more than anything and we knew we didn't belong here.

"I know you're both attending a bit later than usual, but you never know what you're capable of," Dumbledore said. "So how about it?"

We both had one thing in mind.

"Yes."

-------☾-------

And so the editing finally begins... There aren't any dramatic edits, but they make me feel better.

Your author, riddlefiqs.