Chapter 11: Best Friend's Brother

I woke up to find his arms still draped around me. I slipped from under him and did my normal routine. I went downstairs and grabbed an apple. I started munching on it. I couldn’t really think about cooking when the love of my life was dating a two-faced, cheating whore! I scrolled down my Instagram while eating my apple. I waited for the others to come down.

“Hey Dani, are you ok?” I heard Jess say from behind me. I turned around to see her accompanied by Mel.

“Yea, I’m fine. I’m just not in the mood to cook today.” I said tossing the apple into the garbage.

“Ok, we’ll just eat some cereal.” Mel said before I got up and walked into the Living room. I plopped myself on the couch and lay there. Coco jumped up on me causing me to laugh.

“Hey there. How are you today?” She laid her head on my chest, looking sad. “Yea, I’m not in the best mood either.” She tilted her head to the side like all dogs do when they are confused. “Well your other owner is a butthead!” She titled her head to the other side. “He’s dating a really mean girl, who is very bad for him.” She whimpered. “I know right! It is awful, but what can I do?” She crawled up on my chest and licked my cheek. “Thanks baby girl.” I picked her and placed her on the ground. “Are you guys ready?” I yelled into the kitchen.

“Yea!” They said before walking out of the kitchen.

“Let’s go!” I said before grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

“Oh Danielle! I’m glad I caught you!” Mrs. Maxwell said as I passed her room.

“What’s up Mrs. Max?” I said stopping in front of her.

“Are you ready for tonight performance?” She asked smiling.

“Yea, thing only thing is the only person I told was my big brother, but it’s only because I knew he couldn’t come and watch.” I said sadly

“How are you feeling?” She asked.

“I’m feeling good. I just hope I don’t choke up.”

“Oh honey I’m sure you won’t”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because I have faith in you. I know you can do this! You are my most talented students at this school. You deserve to show people your talent.” She said grinning.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.”

“Alrighty then. What time do I have to be there?” I asked.

“6:30, but the show doesn’t start until 7.” She replied

“See you there!” I said smiling.

 “Ok, good bye now.” She said.

“Bye.” I said turning around and walking to my car. I’m going to be performing Best Friend’s brother, by Victoria Justice. I’ve always loved that song. I slid into my car with an awaiting Jess and Mel.

“Where have you been?” Jess said as I pulled out of the parking lot.

“Talking to Mrs. Max.” I replied coolly.

“For what?” Mel asked while scrolling through her phone.

“Well one of her performers go sick, so she asked me to fill in.” I said concentrating on the road.

“You said no right?” Jess asked sounding worried.

“No, I said yes.” I said with a slight smirk on my face.