Chapter 30: End it With A Big Bang

“Let’s party!” Jess said dragging me into the house. We were at the best party known to mankind. The Grad Bash party, this year’s theme being “End it With a Big Bang”, is normally thrown by the person that has thrown the best parties during their whole high school life. This years Grab Bash party is thrown by none other than… Matthew Williams. Matt has been known to through some banging parties. I would know because I’ve been to almost all of them. I slept with him at his last one. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Although I don’t think I’m going to get that lucky tonight, I do know I’m with the person I’m supposed to be with for the rest of my life. We walked through the doors and it was extremely dark. The floor was lit up creating different color patterns. There was a thin layer of fog covering it. Strobe lights moved like crazy around the room. Music blasted through my ears shocking me a little. Dancing bodies were all over each other, forming one big group. My short black, form-fitting dress rode up slightly as I got drug up. I pushed one of my curls out of my face and tucked it neatly behind my ear, even though I knew it was going to get messed up sooner or later.  I looked back at Devin as Jess dragged Mel and I through the crowd. She started tugging harder as he gave me a warm smile and a sexy wink before walking to his group of friends. I smiled in return even though he couldn’t see me. We ended up at the bar.

“Three shots of the strongest shit you got!” Jess said to the “bartender”.

“Jess!” Mel and I said in an accusing tone.

“What? We’re here to have fun and that’s what I’m planning on doing. And that plan has a lot to do with getting wasted!” Jess said right as our drinks came. She picked one up and shot it back so fast I thought I was hallucinating. “Another please.” She said smiling. She was right. I did want to have the best night of my life. I took my shot and gulped it down. Suddenly my mind flashed back to the moment I took my first shot…

“Come on Dani. This is your first high school party ever! Which is pretty sad considering you just ended your freshman year and you’re the captain of the cheerleading team, but never mind that. Take the shot!  It’s not that bad!” Jess said loudly over the music. The glass filled with clear liquid was right in front of me.

“I can smell it and it smells awful!” I said pushing it away from me.

“Just take the shot! The smell won’t matter once it’s down your throat.” She said smiling.

“Just give me the damn shot!” Mel said from next to me. She grabbed the glass from Jess’ hand and knocked it back like she was taking pills. For a second her face scrunched up, but then it turned back normal and a smile appeared on her lips.

“See, Mel did it! How was it?” Jess asked Mel.

“It was bad at first but then it sent tingles through my body and it was amazing.” She said smiling. “I want another one.” She said to Jess.

“Not until Dani has her first.” Jess said before picking up another shot glass. I don’t know if it was their stares, the pumping music, or the energy coming from the dancing bodies in the other room, but something made me take that glass and drink that drink. A sudden rush of adrenaline surged through my body, followed by a tingling, then heat.

“I can’t believe I went through my whole freshman year without tasting this stuff.” I said smiling.

“About damn time! You’ve now joined the club. Welcome.” Jess said handing us a cup with red, slushy looking liquid in it.

“What’s this?” I asked twirling it around.

“It’s a watermelon margarita.” Jess said before taking a long sip of her drink.