Chapter 4: Hang over!!!!

Devin's P.O.V

The sunlight light warmed my face and woke me up. Shit! The sun burned the fuck out of my slightly opened eyes. My head felt like it was being jackhammered. What did I do last night? Oh yea. I went out after Danielle and I's argument. She doesn't even understand. I had to go to Spain. It had the best rehab. Since I was an alcoholic and somewhat of a drug addict. I wish I could just tell her, but she wouldn't understand. My eyes averted to the opening door. Danielle walked in, not making any eye contact, and set a tray on my night stand. As she was walking away I grabbed her wrist.

"I'm..."

"Eat, it will help with the hangover. I'll be back in a couple of minutes to fix the cut and bruise you got from the paint ball." I felt itchy where the bruise was. "Don't..." so I scratched it. "scratch it!" and it started bleeding. "Damn it Devin! Ugh, I'll be back." She walked out. Damnit why can't I do anything right? She returned a few minutes later. She cleaned up the cut. In silence. The silence was killing me.

"I'm..."

"Don't say it."

"But I..."

"Shut up!"

"Danielle..."

"Please! I can't do this if you're talking."

"Why Danielle?" silence "Is it because you still care? Is that why you're taking care of me? Or do you feel sorry for me? That you caused this? Or is it because you're still in love with me? Admit it! You still love me!" and with that she left. I dragged my sorry, sore ass out of bed and ran after her.

"Stop following me Devin!"

"No! Not until you give me one reason to give up on you! One reason!"

"Wasn't yesterday reason enough?"

"No."

"Here's a reason. I'm not the girl you fell for and you're too much of the guy I fell for. Sorry I meant my old self fell for! Now I'm just a little whore! And you know what? I like it! It makes me feel good! Now I know why you did it! Now I know how you felt. Are you happy now?" she exited the house and my body crumbled. It felt worse than it did when I woke up. And my heart ached. At least I did one thing right. Well at least in my eyes.

"Devin?" i looked down to see my sister.

"Yea?"

"What happened?"

"Everything."

"Im sorry."

"Don't be. i got her to admit she still loved me. i think? i need her back jess! i really do."

"I know Devin. i know." she came up the stairs and tried to comfort me in a hug, but my body was still sore.

"I will get her back. If that is the last thing i do. I will get her back."

"I know. she just needs some time. You know?"

"Yea, but i don't have time!"

"What do you mean?"

"I have to stop her! I have to stop her"

"Oh yea, the game."

"What if i cant do it? What if i cant win?"

"You will. I know you will. Ok? She'll come to her senses, she will realize that she cant live without you and you two will be the same love birds that you used to be! I promise. now go to sleep."

"Yea ok." I drug myself back to my room. How does she expect me to sleep after what just happened? What if danielle is out there fucking some random dude? I cant wait to reclaim my football team. I've missed the game and my team. I drifted into a sleep.

The sound of my ringtone woke me up.

"Hello?"

"Devin." i shot up

"Danielle? What's wrong?"

"Can you come get me?"

"Of course. where are you?"

"Im at black zone."

"That club on Greenville street?"

"Yea."

"I'll be right there."

"i looked at the clock and saw it was 2 a.m" i hopped out of bed and threw on some clothes before running downstairs to grab my keys.

"Devin where are you going?"

"To get your cousin." I left it at that before slipping into my car and speeding down the road. i reached the club and saw this man talking to her. I got out and started walking towards her.

"Is there a problem here?"

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Thats not important. I'm going to need you to step away from her."

"We were actually about to go and do something. weren't we?" he touched her face and she turned it away.

"Don't fucking touch her!"

"What are you going to do big boy?"

"Touch her again and find out." he grabbed her ass then smiled at me. i punched him in the face so hard it knocked him out instantly.

"Devin." she ran over to me and i wrapped my arms around her shaking body.

"Shhhh baby. its ok. i wasn't going to let him touch you. i would've killed him first. its ok. come on lets go home." we walked back to my car and sped back to the house.

"C-can i sleep with you tonight?"

"Of course!" we walked to my room and she changed into some of my clothes before she slipped into my bed. i just looked her.

"Are you coming in or what?"

"Umm are you sure?"

"Yea." I slipped off my jeans and shirt before climbing into bed next to her. I just laid there watching her. I didn't want to mess this up. She soon fell asleep. In her sleep she cuddled up into my chest. I wrapped my arm around her body. I pushed away some hair from her face. I missed this. I missed her. She was the only way i got threw rehab. I cant believe i let myself slip that bad. it wont happen again. Right now i have to be clean. I have to be clean for her. I have to be clean for me. The only way i can get her back is to be clean, but i know danielle. She plays dirty, but i also know myself. I play dirtier.