Chapter 10: Troubled waters

A gift you are,
From heaven above,
A perfect example,
Of god's precious love.

~You'll know at the end.

___________________________________

Isabella's Pov

"We are here." Danielle said. "It's nice to meet you after so long".
"Me too. What do you mean by after so long?" I questioned. "Ah! A slip of the tongue. Now if you will excuse me I will go meet with the others and oh Happy birthday, your highness" Danielle wished with a smile and escaped before I could ask him anything else. What's with this way of speaking? Calling me Your Highness?

A gentle, cold breeze hit my face. I could also smell fresh flowers nearby and the smell of sand, the shore. A beautiful setting for a party filled with lanterns and candle lights. It was all so cutely arranged with the pool in the centre and a bar in the side which was putting out food in the speed of light to fill the endless abyss called stomach.
And oh, is that the chocolate fountain from today?!!...have to visit it. Definitely have to visit.

I saw a few people having drinks a couple of feet away from where Amalia was talking with someone and she called me over as soon as she saw me. I recognised few of them were from the university, who were friends with Amalia and to whom I barely ever spoke a word to but she had to call them because well, 'the more the merrier'.
They were all dressed elegantly. Men in formals and women in gowns. I bet this was all Amalia's idea. It's more like a theme party now. Well, it's not that bad.
"Birthday girl, looks lovely in that dress." Melinda said approaching me from behind and she was dressed in long-sleeved lavender dress.
"Thank you. You look lovely too" I said happy to have another friend around with who I can actually talk to.
"I'm glad that I made it. I actually had some work to take care off but it took longer than expected." She joined her hands and said, "Anyways, as I am here. Let's have some fun, shall we?"
"Sure thing" with that Amalia and Melinda dragged me to the liquor section and forced me to tug down at least four different varieties of drinks.

While we were at it many of them came to me and conveyed their wishes with small gifts. Some were dancing with loud music on and some were just chilling in the sea. Ayan and Adhevin were no where to be seen. I excused myself and went to have a walk around to check if they were actually here or went back home.

I saw Danielle chatting with a few boys so I went up to him and asked, "Hey, do you know where Ayan and Adhevin are?"
He was relaxed just a moment ago but as soon I asked him a question he became alert and he said, "Yes. I'm sure Adhevin is somewhere here and Ayan left to get some things."
"Oh!" I said.
"They'll be back soon. I'll let them know you were looking for them." he said.
Immediately I blurted out, "No, it's ok. I just wanted to know if they were still here. That's all. You go ahead and have some fun." I turned back to make my way to Amalia but stopped in my tracks as I heard a familiar voice.
"Bella..." A deep voice called my name.
I tuned back to see Ayan standing In front of me.
"Hey, where were you? I was looking for you." I told him.
He was wearing a black suit with a silvery shirt that well-matched his jet black hair and silver eyes. The most attractive thing I have seen so far.
"I went to collect my gift for you." he said that casually. He has a gift for me! Ayan has a gift for me! Who knew such a day would come! someone please pinch mehh!!
Before I could answer Amalia came looking for me.
"Bella, darling. Come on. it's time to celebrate your birthday by cutting a cake before everyone gets drunk" she said and gathered everyone to the centre of the party.

"Why should we even celebrate a birthday by cutting a cake with candles?" I asked with a tiny bit of frustration as she interrupted when I grew the most curious.