Chapter 5: Suspense

"One of the bittersweet
moment has to be when you realize how much you are going to miss a moment while you are still living in it"

~unknown

___________________________________

Amalia's PoV

AFTER I motioned Bella to go back to the room, I immediately went to Adhevin's room and asked him, "What's going to happen?"

"I don't think she will be able to enter our territory but we cannot give her another chance." Adhevin said not wanting to give any more chances for something like this to happen again.

"How in the actual hell did she manage to escape from the deadliest prison ever in existence?" I asked, really surprised because not even a supernatural creature with all the powers and affinities could do it.

"That's still unknown but the only thing we should be prepared is for the worst." He said while looking straight into my eyes. "Because if my guess is correct it takes another very powerful person equal to the powers of us to unlock it or her."

I didn't know how to respond to that as all I knew was we were in a really bad situation right now, more like a grave situation.
At the mere thought of mentioning her, my blood boiled. That bitch.

We cannot afford to lose her again.

"Adhevin, do you think we will be able to do it?" I asked him blankly.

His eyes darkened and all I could sense his rage.
"We will. I will do anything and everything it takes to stop her." He said in a very dark tone.

I wish all these worries would disappear into thin air one day and we would get back to live our life we lost in the past.

Suddenly I held my head in my hands as it really started aching badly.
Adhevin noticed it and he knew what was happening. I closed my eyes tightly and visions were just pouring out one after another for me to see. Definitely what I didn't want to see right now. But my inner consciousness was really trying to convey something.

Ahdevin held my hands and said, "Amalia, you can do it. Try to see the possibilities of the best way to break the curse." He pleaded and I definitely could hear the pain in his voice but I was not able to do it. It was like an angel on one shoulder and demon on the other; one wanting me to know the truth and the other wanting to hide the truth. This was more confusing than what I had expected it to be.

I couldn't help it anymore and I collapsed in Adhevin's arms.
I held onto him tightly because it was all too much for me to handle. Hugging and staying in his embrace reassured me and I always felt safe. But I also wanted a certain someone to be the one embracing me right now and driving away my fears and insecurities.
I started to sweat profusely and as I opened my eyes I could see the pain in his eyes. He knew that I wasn't able to find answers.

He helped me stand onto my feet and we saw Ayan standing at the door way processing everything.

He understood what had happened and I could also see the glint of pain in his eyes as well.
I hope both of them will be as they were in the past.
Seeing both of them in pain made my heart break into a million pieces.

All I could do at the moment was give them hope that everything would be alright, as we have already strategized a plan and are working on it.
I hope that we would make it work when the time was right and deep down I know we will but something was very unsettling. It was a feeling that something would go wrong eventually.