Chapter 15: Growing up- vamp edition

"One of the most important responsibility as a sister is to irritate your brother"

~Amalia
_____________________________________

Ten years later,
The Kingdom of Sanguine,
In the city of Solaris...

AMALIA was not happy. Tomorrow was the day of the annual carnival in their city and vampires and other creatures from all over the Kingdom come to enjoy. You can ask me, the author why is she angry instead of being a regular 13 year old teen planning out how to enjoy the day but here's where you are wrong. Amalia Steele was no normal teenager. She was the Princess of the kingdom of vampires, the sister of the to-be king Adhevin Steele under who other small vampire kingdoms work and this brother was the cause of her distress.every.single.time.

Last year the gang of vampires had reunited excited for the first ever carnival that was arranged by Adhevin in the name of thier parents who died nine years ago. The siblings wanted to give the people something nice to remember their parents by and so came forth the idea of a carnival with all the latest equipments brought straight from Earth to Vrède. The day should have been great fun, except it was not. The team of six had long since followed Adhevin as their boss so when Adhevin asked them to help him in duties in the carnival they all had agreed with pride in thier hearts and a smile on their faces.

The next day they did nothing but help. Slowly their smiles had turned strained and the pride in their hearts had turned to lead. They were the ones who were supposed to be having fun! They were the ones supposed to be playing in all those rides! They were the ones that should have emptied the food stalls that were smelling delicious! But none of that happened. All they did was suffer that day and all of that was because of Adhevin who thought everyone were satisfied seeing the fake smiles on their faces. He was supposed to be their boss and understand them but of course that guy can't read emotions. This memory had never left the gang for a whole year and now they were planning revenge.

"Amalia what is the plan?" Asked Nisha who was determined on having fun this year.

"Amalia if you do this properly you will become our new boss from now on" said Wren with a serious face.

"We have to do something to keep him busy or he is gonna do what he did to us last year" pointed out Ethan who had long since became an integral part of the Steele household.

"Why don't we just lock him in a nice room and sprinkle holy water everywhere?" suggested Melinda.

"Who will take care of the guests then? Everyone would want to meet the future king" Ethan being the second eldest in the group gave them a friendly reminder.

"We have to give my brother a lesson to remind him to not mess with us for the rest of his life! I have a plan, everyone come here", Amalia a rich genius when it comes to making trouble told all of them her brilliant plan with an evil smile on her face. Everyone agreed with loud cheers and went to find the right person to help them in their plan.

The next day started early, even before the sun rose in the sky the city was alive. The sounds of the laughter sounded as children and adults got ready to spend their day with their family and loved ones. Smell of fresh food and blood flooded the area making everyone wanna try the foods being prepared in the stalls. A grand circus was set as a new addition this year and the line for tickets was starting to get full.

In the palace, Adhevin Steele was getting ready for the day. He was eighteen this year and would soon be crowned the king. His hands expertly combed through his hair but his golden eyes looked lost. He was silently missing the presence of his parents as he does everyday. Since the day of their death, the weight on his shoulders had increased tremendously. He was not stressed because of the responsibilities, in fact he was a natural leader in dealing with the matters of the kingdom. He was missing his parents because they were the only ones who could control his sister. Amalia was only four when they died so she barely has any memories of them so the only person she listened to was him but it was getting difficult for Adhevin who was a total bro-con by now. His teenage flew by trying to clean the mess his little sister of a troublemaker made. He was believing the statement teenagers never listened to anyone more day by day and shuddered to think what he was gonna do with her as she grew even older.