Chapter 24: Trust.

Trust.
Where did it go?
Or did we even have it years ago?
Afraid to go on the right track,
Because we might get stabbed in the back.
Hiding what belongs to us,
Because we lost our trust in all our lust.
But trusting each other is a must,
Because you can't spell trust without us.
It's only the fear of the possibility,
Of losing everything.
Don't fear,
Trust.

____

"Captains, come forward" He said.

The girls (and Sebastian) had a wonderful mutual understanding as they sent Amalia forward.

"We haven't decided actually." Wren said. He was the only person who was standing without shooting any glares at anyone.

"Ugh just decide by rock paper scissors" Camille said not wanting to wait anymore. After they were done they sent Adhevin forward.

"Brace yourself brother, we'll take you down." She said smirking and with confidence.

"All the best" He said in slow pace as he was still mad at her plan to put him and his 'frenemy' in the same team. Bella did not understand if he was being genuine or sarcastic.

"As per rules the winning team must listen to the losing team's request." The umpire said. The boys just nodded their heads without giving it any thought. After Danielle tossed a coin in the air, the first serve went to the boys. The teams decided everyone's spots together and while the girls (and Sebastian) cheered as they went to their positions the boys just went and stood at their spot silently.

"Pick the ball or get kicked out" Amalia said looking at the team as a warning.

"Roger that!" The team followed her lead.

Danielle gave a signal for the match to start and the fellow residents who were blowing off some steam were ready with snacks. Wren went for the first serve which was perfectly received by Melinda who was in the back defence line of her team. The ball flew in the air landing on the tips of Sebastian's fingers who was playing setter and he tossed it to Amalia who was quick on her feet as she flew in the air spiking it right on the line passing right through the blocker who was Lucian at the time. I thought someone is supposed to help me with the blocking? Lucian glared at the ground.

"Move your legs Bloodsucker!" Ayan said to Ethan as the ball fell on the ground next to his spot.

"He has a name you know." Adhevin defended him, "and you were supposed to help with the blocks".

Danielle's voice interrupted their bickering as he said, "Girls one, boys zero"

It was now the girls turn to serve and Melinda jumped in the air and hit the ball straight into their side of the court with inhumane force.

Jason ran quickly and dug the ball sending it high into the air giving time for Adhevin to set it for the attacker. Jason, Wren and Luc were positioned in the back row and in the attackers positions were Ethan and Ayan.

He set it for Ethan who ran and attacked quickly. Ayan was being ignored by Adhevin who didn't set to him but kept giving the ball to other players who were also not quite in sync with each other. Both of them don't have a rhythm, they never had a chance to be in sync either, they never know until they try. So, Adhevin was having a debate within himself.