Chapter 27: Mission survive!

"The more you think you know,
The less you actually know,
Are you willing to explore?
The unknown?"

~Adhevin

_____

"WHERE are they now?" Lucian raised the question. He looked done with life minutes ago but suddenly came alive with the news.

"They are still in the restaurant General, we rushed to tell you first when one of our maids stationed there spotted the stone exchanged," the soldier who disguised himself as the men of Marlowe family informed.

"The Vanderburgh mansion is not an easy place to sneak into if we are planning to keep this a secret" Danielle noted.

Gears turned in Luc's head. He didn't know how they got the moon stone nor how they are using it but he was sure it was a way to communicate with the troop and mainly Ayan and Bella, he also knew the moonstone was so powerful and could do wonders if used carefully, so he was keen on getting the stone.

"Then let's not let it reach the mansion, We were waiting for the right moment to steal the stone from Matthew all this while and the opportunity has presented itself to us. Let's get the stone before it reaches the Vanderburgh's mansion," Jason leaned forward as he gave his idea.

"Nice idea Jason! Here's my plan" Lucian explained what may have been a plan.

"Your plan is nice expect the part where it sucks which is everywhere, so let me do the planning," Danielle said starting a fight between the boys as they simultaneously started to raise their voice.

Suddenly Camille smashed her hands loud enough on the table to turn everyone's eyes on her and said, "Let me do the planning this time" she looked at everyone at the table individually, "Any objections?" Everyone shook their heads no "Good, now here's what we are going to do"

___

The Emperor's plate was the best restaurant in Aylin known for its Chinese inspired theme and amazing earthly cuisine. Currently in one of the private rooms a very important news arrived.

"What do you mean Lucian Gunnolf and Jason McCann are here?" Mathew shouted at one of his personal guard. It was clear in his face that he was surprised to hear a news which said the right hand of the Royals is here.

"Sir, they apparently came to buy choco truffle cakes but after noticing your carriages they decided to have a talk with you" the guard replied with his eyes down.

Zachery Vanderburgh sighed at this news, damn these pups for causing problems, he quickly called one of his own men and handed him a small box and instructed him to take care of it.

The man nodded and jumped out of the window to follow the order just as the door opened and in came the smiling face of Lucian, "Ah what a privilege to meet you Elders! I heard Mr. Vanderburgh was out of town and was very surprised to know you were back and wanted to have a chat".

Zachery and Matthew both schooled their annoyed expression into a smile and greeted the guests. "I hope we are not intruding?" Jason smiled apologetically and Zachery waved him off and invited them in "Please, I know how much hard work you guys are doing now that the Royal is absent. If anything I should feel honoured".

As they started to talk politics on one side, in the backside of the restaurant was a long dark alley where all the goods from Zachery's recent travel was kept in large carriages and guarded closely by his men. One man came with a small box in his hands to carry out the duty given to him. He walked briskly to the last carriage and went in to place it and came out silently, the men guarding the carriage stood by without blinking.