Chapter 21: Truth

"It's designed with the meaning of destiny. It means that in the end, it's a fated relationship"

~Anonymous

_____________

In the silent forest.....

THE Steels and the Blacks were not having a great time. Isabella, Amalia, Ayan and Adhevin all sat in a circle on the forest floor each looking positively dead. Their friends and the troops of vampires and wolfs sat in groups in opposite sides at a distance from them. The four looked like they were undergoing a nuclear reaction that is changing their atom structure and could detonate if anyone makes the wrong move. The people all looked at their rulers, anxious for what was going to happen.

Elder Mark Miller stood nearby and waited for the princesses to speak.
"So this is the brother who took away your heels?" Bella whispered to Amalia even knowing that everyone there had super hearing. "And this is the brother who gave you chocolate milkshake instead of bourbon?" Amalia whispered back. Both cracked a smile and this made their brothers look at them with an expression saying 'we can hear you, you know' and also looked at eachother. For the first time they felt that there was another creature on this planet that understood them.

The audience was confused, they know eachother? And everyone's attention went on the kings who looked like they were communicating on a spiritual level.

"Brother remember when I sneaked out last time? She is the one that helped me kick a few butts" Amalia proudly proclaimed and scooted near Bella.
"We had so much fun that day! We should do it again!" Bella smiled and said to Amalia.

"Never in a million years!" said Ayan immediately glaring at Bella. Bella didn't listen and was busy reminiscing their short encounter and planning for more with Amalia.

"I don't think we got introduced properly... I am Adhevin Chris Steele, King of Sanguine" Adhevin introduced himself formally and tried to stand up.

"There is no need for courtesy here. I am Isabella Black, princess of Célimène and you met my brother, Ayantiac Black, the king of Célimène" Bella spoke casually with her usual smile that didn't escape Adhevin's eyes. She is such a beauty. 

"I am Amalia Steele princess of Sanguine, very nice to meet you" Amalia spoke directly to Ayan to which he replied "Likewise".

"Let's talk business now shall we? Bella you have yet to explain to me why you are here even after me telling you not to come?" Ayan spoke with raised eyebrows.

"Ah you see brother I was waiting in the palace like a good little sister and then crash! A huge noise in the throne room and when we got there Amalia and the other two vampires were fighting our wolves so immediately we all joined and trashed the throne room..." Bella was narrating it so enthusiastically that everyone were hearing it when Ayan stopped her with a "You what?!" But Bella continued "shh bro don't cut the flow! Then me and Amalia had an awesome fight and then she lifted her hood and and said "Hey Bella what's up let's go stop our brothers from killing each other so here I am".

Amalia was laughing at her narration and Adhevin was torn between laughing and crying. The crowd was growing curious now.

"Let me explain this...." Amalia explained how Melinda's father suddenly woke up from his bed after all these years and told her to stop this fight and that the Steele and the Black family were the best of friends back in the day.

"Elder Mark said a similar thing when he stopped us from trashing the throne room" Bella pointed out and Ayan gripped his head and sighed.

Elder Mark took this as a clue, came forward and bowed to the four and spoke, "I may not be the most worthy person to say this, but what I am going to say is something that I witnessed in my youth when I was just a young wolf in his majesty's court".