Chapter 14: The Origin

Weird isn't it? How sometimes we laugh by remembering the days we cried, and we cry by remembering the days we laughed.

_________________________________

120 years ago
In the kingdom of Celimene,
The capital city - Aylin...

NO ONE knows how everything came to be but every place has its own story to begin with. And Vrède was no different.

As the sky got coloured in the shades of black, Isabella Black and Ayantiac Black got ready to sleep. The two moons shined as they looked like two pearls that someone had embedded in the sky. Their light tonight was tinged with a faint colour of pink making one want to stare at them forever. Nesrin Black came in to lull her two little children to sleep. Ayan was eight this year and Isabella was almost four. The kids layed down in their beds when they saw their mother come in to narrate them a bedtime story.

The story of this world also contained gods but not the kind you would expect. It is said that there once existed 7 Dohmnalls or magical beings who lived thousands of years ago in this simple and beautiful world of Vrède, that had two beautiful moons shining their lights for it. The two moons took turns in appearing in a cycle that took 60 days to complete. The Dohmnalls are said to have been nothing special till the time where they developed and perfected the art of using the magic of their world. They realised that their world was filled with power that flowed through every leaf and petal and even the moons seemed to hold magic. They each perfected an element of magic and thus became the leaders of their realms.

Each of their techniques were so varied that they ended up giving birth to dynasties and new kingdoms as time went. The line that came from the Dohmnall that perfected the power of moonlight became Werewolves. They inherited the power of transforming into a wolf and the moons therefore became their patron. The line that came from the Dohmnall who mastered the power of life or blood became vampires. And so on. Thus every creature came to be. From the power of water came the kingdom of mer- people, from the power of plants came the fairy kingdom, and lastly from using the power of language came the witch kingdom. These kingdoms got further divided as the centuries passed and developed a lot of new variations.

The people who chose to stay away from the Dohmnalls stayed human and established thier own territories. But a few humans felt that their future generations will be threatened in such a place so they requested that the Dohmnalls provide a safe place for them. And thus the place "Earth" came to be, where humans settled and for the safety of their children, a pact was signed that allowed creatures to come to Earth but if they ever cause harm to any human life they shall be punished.

"And thus everything was said to have come into existence ..." Mrs. Black continued in a fake voice to entertain the kids who were staring at her with interest rather than going to sleep. She had beautiful brown hair with a tinge of gold falling over her shoulders and amber eyes that Isabella inherited from her.

"Mom, Where are these Dohmnalls now?" Her young girl asked.

"We don't even know if they ever existed Bella..." came their father's voice, who had come in to check in on his wife since she had yet to come to bed. Gideon Black was known to be a sticky husband who seldom left his wife's side even if he was the pack leader. He sported pitch black hair that matched with his silver eyes. He was known to be a brave and upright man whose love story was a very famous one.

He had been travelling to the Claydon Empire where humans were majority in number, when he had spotted a young golden haired women whose amber eyes immediately made his wolf purr. What happened after that was history and now he was looking lovingly at his wife and their children talking about the origin story.