Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Watched

Friday, October 26, 2018, 06:40 PHT

    We had to wake up early today kaya naman 6:30 pa lang bumangon na ako para mauna-una nang makapaligo. I woke up first kaya ako na rin ang unang naligo pero hindi ko naman tinagalan kasi tatlo pa ang susunod sa akin.

    While I was taking a shower, I had a flashback of what had happened last night.

        "Because I think she's sent me you," Lucas uttered with sincerity all over his face.

        "I... uhm," I did not know how exactly to react. Hindi naman sa nag-iinarte ako, I really appreciate his words and I have to admit that it affects me. I'm just scared that I feel myself falling in this kind of emotions again, so I've swallowed before I could speak again. "Lucas, ahh kasi ano—"

        "You don't have to say anything about it. I just wanna tell you how grateful I am to meet you. 'Yon lang, Ceska," Lucas cuts me off.

        "Oh, alright?" Hindi ko pa rin alam ang sasabihin ko. Yes, I know I like him, pero sapat ba 'yon para sabihin agad ito sa kanya? I still doubt myself at some point. How can I not? Galing ako sa unang breakup na husto akong nasaktan.

        "You know we're friends, right?" I felt somehow sad when he asked me that but I still nodded my head to answer him. "Right. You see, I am not used to this kind of friendship. I never opened up to anyone else aside from Ben."

        "So I'm the first girl you've opened up to?"

        "About my mom, yes," he said and complemented it with a convincing facial expression. "Pero hindi naman sa wala pa akong napagsabihan nito. I've mentioned some things to Esther, but I've never cried in front of her," he added while taking his cup of coffee and drinking it.

        "Did you tell her your mom has sent her to you?" Hindi ko alam kung saang parte ng utak ko nahugot ang tanong na 'yon, pero huli na para bawiin ko pa 'yon kasi humalakhak na si Lucas sa akin. "Anong nakakatawa?" Inirapan ko siya to cover my embarrassment.

        "To answer you, no," he uttered between his chuckle.

        Oh that's a relief!

        "But I did tell her I liked her."

        "What?!" Tangina?

        Aba't ang Lucas ay hindi agad ako sinagot pero tinawanan niya lang ako. I glared at him and narrowed my eyes, waiting for him to stop laughing. Gusto kong mahawa sa tawa niya, but not now that he is confusing me!

        "Yes, that's true."

        "You like her?" Hindi naman ako nagseselos, ano? Nagtatanong lang ako!

        "I liked her. It was a past tense. Chill." At tumawa na naman siya. Walanghiyang Lucas 'to?!

        "Oh tapos??" I was sure I made a face as if I was waiting to hear more. Ugh! I'm so impatient!

        "That's all," Lucas shrugged and he didn't even bother explaining more!

        "'Yon na 'yon? You've got to be kidding me! There should be a reason." I couldn't help myself to urge him to answer me.

        "She's so nice, talkative and friendly—"

        "I know!"

        "Plus she's pretty."