Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Different

Saturday, September 1, 2018, 08:00 PHT

This whole weekday is really busy. We started to have individual presentation in our general education subjects and I really loved that I had picked the philosophy in teaching. I think, I will be needing my time and focus to do my work, and I am utterly excited to start doing it. I know it will occupy my mind and it will get most of my time which is helpful for me to not overthink things. Thank God.

Yesterday, I received a text message from TGC's staffers to tell me that I passed the exams and the interview. I was so happy that I forgot all the things that had occupied my mind. I can't believe that I am part of TGC now. I am also full of joy because I see my name on their page as one of the official junior member!

I must admit, the written exam was hard but the practical exam and the interview was fine. It was not so hard, but it was tricky lalo na ang interview. Pinakanta rin ako doon kasi kailangan talented ang writers. Ayon ang sabi, well actually, I've thought na kaya may pa-talent portion kasi talented naman talaga ang mga journalist. I can't still believe na magsusulat na ako para sa mga estudyante!

"Good morning!" Binati ako noong babaeng nasa tapat ng TGC office.

"Hello, good morning." I smiled at her.

"I am Esther Marie Angeles, what's your name?" She beams, offering her hands on me. She's wearing a dark green above the knee short and a black t-shirt.

"Francesca La Costa. Please call me Ceska. I am new here." I took her hand so we can shake it. Her eyes are dark brown and it is rounded. She also has a long hair but it is wavy and it complements her body. She is morena but she looks pretty over all.

"Me too, Ceska! Kanina pa ako nandito pero hindi ako ako pumasok sa loob, medyo nahihiya kasi ako." Esther gives me a shy smile although I have this feeling that she's not a shy type, but I smile at her.

"Am I late?" I ask. I roam my eyes on the outside of the office. Marami rin kaming nandito sa labas, seven people. I thank God that the place is clean and the people here looks like they are really good. I mean, they look harmless.

"Oh no. You're just in time. I heard mga 8:15 magstart na tayo ng meeting." She nods her head.

Supposedly, we have our first meeting in NSTP course today, since it is September 1st, but the school administration has a general assembly today in the gymnasium so postpone the class.

"Esther, what're you taking in NSTP course?" I ask her in the middle of our conversation. Yes, we are getting to know each other. I learned that she's taking BSHM.

"ROTC. Nalaman ko kasi na may thesis ang CWTS next sem. Ikaw ba?" She answered me. We took a seat on the chair before the wall.

"I took CWTS. Hindi kasi ako pwedeng mabilad sa ilalim ng araw, bawal din akong mapagod ng sobra." At ayoko talagang umitim.

"You have a point. Sayang din naman yang maputi mong balat kung magbibilad ka. Eh basta ako, ayoko talaga ng thesis." She laughs. I smile at her.

"Anong kinuha mong field?" I ask her.

"Literary field. Mahilig kasi akong sumulat ng tula, ikaw ba?" She asks me. Her eyes sparks when she says she loves writing poetry.

"I applied for literary field but they transferred me to developmental communication field." I told her. In the interview, I was telling them I wrote many proses and poetries but they told me na marami nang nag-apply sa field na 'yon kaya pinapili ako, either mag-intay ako ng slot or tanggapin ko ang position as junior developmental communication writer. Obviously I choose na latter. Pwede ko namang aralin 'yon, and I believe that it will help me in my major, English.