Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Not Now

Monday, October 8, 2018 11:00 PHT

It's Monday again, yet I am still not sure if my weekend has been eventful. I was so unproductive! As in!

Last Saturday kasi birthday ni Kris so we went to their house to celebrate. We had our cousin time that night. We were present; from Adorine, Adie and Kris, Ayi and Marc, Sen, Joy and me. As usual, wala si kuya dahil busy sa field of study niya.

I was pretty sure I was drunk that night, but not entirely drunk because I could still retell what happened.

"I have kwento," I said while we were playing kings cup. Everyone in the table looked at me. They all looked curious and interested. Nakahawak pa rin kami sa tenga ng nasa kaliwa namin kasi ito 'yung rule na ginawa ni Joy kanina when she got Jack of spade.

"About a new guy or the ex again?" Adorine asked me. As usual, she's the one to humor my story first. She leaned forward to hear me out.

Ayi put the glass down on the table and glared at me, saying "Don't fucking tell me it's Barrientos again ha? Puta, ate Ceska!" She even pulled my right ear.

Medyo masakit 'yung pagkahatak niya pero natawa ako sa reaksyon niya. She liked Javi for me, pero ganito talaga siya once someone ruined her trust. She's gotten trust issues, akala mo naman walang boyfriend. Ewan ko ba dito kay Ayi.

"Kinda," I said and paused to see her—their reaction.

I expected to get scowling, frowning face and an eye roll from them. I wanted to defend myself right away. Not that I am still affected to See Javi pero kasi, "I saw Ramona..." I almost whispered.

"When? Where?" Kuya Sen asked. Napaaray naman si Kris kasi nakahawak sa tenga niya si kuya Sen.

"What did you do?" ate Adie leaned near my face so I had to nudge her away.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "We kinda talked." I took another shot of the scotch we were drinking kasi nabunot ko six of heart.

That's bitter. I could feel the strong lingering taste of the liquor going down my throat. Buti na lang lahat naman kaming babae iinom.

"Sure ka na talk lang 'yan, Ate?" My sister asked me after she took her drink. Fortunately, she's still up and hasn't gone under the power of alcohol.

"Yes, we just talked pero—"

"Pero muntikan mo na siyang masaktan, tama? Dapat sinampal mo na!" Ayi said in agitation. She even slapped the air as if it's Ramona's face. "Hhmmp! Nanggigigil talaga ako sa babae na 'yon! Kainis!" She crossed an arm under her chests and frowned her face. Napa-ouch na naman ako kasi she accidentally pulled my ear again.

"I admit that I wanted to, kaso malaki na 'yung tyan niya."

"As in," Marc gestured pregnant woman's tummy. "Ganito na kalaki?"

"Hmm, medyo maliit pa d'yan. Pang manganganak na 'yan eh," I told him and chuckled. "Mga ganito," I motioned the size. "The baby bump is really obvious, kahit nga nasa malayo ako nakita ko eh. She even proudly said that it's already six months, so yeah," I breathed out after the long explanation.

"Kailan saka saan nga?" kuya Sen repeated his question again then took a drink kasi nabunot ni ate Adie five of spade, all guys will drink.

"Yesterday afternoon, sa mall."

"Siya lang mag-isa, ate?" Kris asked me while he was trying to reach the fries in front of me so I handed it to him.

"No, she's with—"