Chapter 40

A few moments after McGonigall left the great hall, the doors opened again and she came in with the first years. They gathered at the front of the hall and they looked around.
Each child eventually sat on the stool with the sorting hat on their head. Ten pupils went into each house. Dumbledore stood up after the last child sat down.
"Welcome first years and to everyone else welcome back to Hogwarts." He said, "Now that everyone is sorted into their houses I have some notices. First, let's welcome our new charms teacher, Professor Snape. Sadly professor Flitwick retired in order to spend time with his family."
Gave stood up for her welcome while everyone clapped for her. She sat back down and clapped his hands.
"Let the feast begin." He said, all types of food appeared on plates and pumpkin juice came into the goblets.
Everyone picked up their knifes and forks and began to eat.
"Father what do you think the students will do? For my first lessons?" Grace asked, she put some mash potato on her fork and she ate it.
"Well, they may ask how you are a relation to me but then apart from that they will do what you want them to do. Ask them questions if they are already in school if they are first years introduce your self. Say the rules for your class room." Severus replied, he picked up his goblet and he took a sip.
Once the feast was over the first years were shown to their dormitories. Severus and Grace walked together and they headed for the Slytherin common room.
The portrait opened that kept the common room hidden. They walked through and saw all of the house in there. Thy stood next to the entrance and they waited for everyone to be quiet.
"Welcome to everyone. For those of you who don't know, my name is Professor Snape and for everyone, this is my daughter, Professor Snape. She is the new charms teacher and deputy head of house. We'll look forward to seeing all of you in our classes." Severus said, everyone clapped and Severus took Grace's hand and they walked away.
They headed back to their room, with Madame Pomfrey still in there with clittle William. She was sitting on the chair with William asleep in her arms.
Grace opened the door and walked in, Severus walked in and closed the door.
"Thank you for today." Severus said,
"It was no problem. He is amazing and he's no bother at all. If you need any help just come and find me. Good night." Madame Pomfrey said, openings the door and walking out, closing it behind her.
Grace held William and kissed him on the cheek. She missed him during the day while she was working. She changed his clothes and placed him back in his crib after feeding him.
She changed into her nightgown and she climbed into bed. She blew her light out and she fell asleep not long after.