Chapter 38

11:00 in the morning...
The students were on the train and it had set off. Within the next six hours the students would be at Hogwarts. Since Grace became a member of staff, Severus made her deputy head of Slytherin and Dumbledore was fine by this.
Grace had finished reading through the papers that Flitwick had left for her and she set off to go to her room to see William. During the feast he would stay in the bedroom with Madame Pomfrey and she would have a tray of food from the feast.
Severus was in the dungeons sorting his stores and making sure that everything was put away. Grace opened the door to the bedroom and she walked in. Madame Pomfrey looked up and saw Grace enter.
"How is he?" Grace asked,
"He's fine. Just giggling and making funny noises." Madame Pomfrey replied, Grace smiled.
"Did you hear about what Draco Malfoy did to me?"
"No. It must be wonderful." Madame Pomfrey replied,
"He proposed to me and I said yes." Grace said,
"Not long now and you'll be Professor Malfoy not Snape." She said, they both started to laugh.
Grace opened the door again and walked out, closing it behind her. She headed for the dungeons to see Severus. She walked slowly, looking at all of the pictures on the walls.
"Hello again, Grace. A member of staff now well down."
Grace smiled at the pictures as she walked past them. The dungeons was mainly down stairs never up them. She saw the door and pushed it open. It didn't make a sound and she stepped in.
Severus didn't hear her and he was sorting his stores. Grace walked to the door and she stood there.
"A lot of work."she said,
"Yes. I see you finished yours." Severus replied,
"Yes. I had to read a lot but apart from that it was fine."she said, Severus put the last ingredient in the shelf and he turned around.
He put his arms around her and he hugged her. He turned his head and kissed her forehead. She lifted her head close to his ears.
"I love you daddy." She whispered, he smiled,
"I love you too, Gracie." He replied, she moved her head to the right position.
McGonigall walked past the classroom and saw them together, smiling. She pushed her way in through the door, she made noise so they knew she was coming.
"Albus is looking for you both." She said,
"Thank you Minerva, we'll go and see him now." Severus replied, McGonigall walked back out and she imagined a happy family.
Severus stood to the left hand side of Grace and he put his right hand on Grace's right shoulder. Grace put her left arm around his waist. They both looked at each other and they both smiled.
They walked out of the room and headed for Dumbledore's office.