15 : drive

ALEXIA

"Was it good?" Felix inquires.

I nod, dusting off my fingers with a napkin and dropping it into the bin. That was the best couple of chicken sliders I think I've ever had. I hadn't eaten before we left, so I'd been absolutely starving. That reminds me, I don't think he's eaten yet, either. "Do you want me to get you some?"

He shakes his head, "I'll get some later."

"You need to eat," I sigh and turn away dramatically, on a mission to return to the buffet.

He catches my arm, sending sparks shooting through me as he pulls me back. My hands slip comfortably behind his neck and he holds me gently around the waist. The proximity is hard to handle and the background noises begin to fade. His eyes don't leave me and I almost shiver. It makes me feel special when I actually capture his attention. "Told you I'd eat later." His whisper is gentle.

I nod and hug him. He hugs back, lips beside my ear. "Didn't get to tell you how much I like your dress."

I blush against his coat. "Thank you." Ancient mountains glisten in the distance. The Thorton Pack is located in a valley between two towering mountain ranges. It's about a solid two hour drive from the castle. As I look around, I decide it was worth it. It's a perfect evening, even the weather is just as beautiful as the scenery.

"Should we go find your friend?" I wonder. We'd come here to celebrate the marriage of one of Felix's childhood friends.

"Jace," He reminds me. "Nah, he'll find us. Don't worry."

I'm a little nervous. Everyone I've met seems nice so far, but I want to make a good impression. He clearly considers this guy a close friend for us to come to this. It also seems strange attending such a festive occasion with the news we'd learned last week still looming in the background.

My eyes land on our table in the distance. It's clear now that Felix wanted some alone time, so he'd moved over here, knowing I'd eventually follow. There's drama unfolding as usual. Layla says something, Scout responds casually, and the Beta female's long pigtails ripple as she hits her fist against the white tablecloth. She isn't angry, though, she's excited. I wonder what they're saying.

"Hey," Felix's voice causes me to jump. It isn't loud or anything but I'd just completely zoned out. "Come back to me."

"Sorry," I apologize.

His thumb rubs a small circle on my left shoulder. "I just want to steal your attention for a short while."

"I don't mind," I reply honestly. This is probably the first bit of time we've gotten since the party. It seems, perhaps, he's missed having casual time together maybe as much as I have. I pull back to say something about the breathtaking scenery when a male voice interjects from behind me.

I turn and see the red-haired groomsman strolling towards us. His presence radiates the power he has as alpha of this pack, but the goofy look he's giving us has me wondering why I was worried to begin with. I can tell he's a good-natured person. The laughing girl in white clasping his hand seems kind too.

"Felix!" He greets once again and the two actually fist bump. I am sure I look as shocked as I feel. He's capable of interactions like that? "You know you deserved to be best man but her brother-" He glances around him before leaning in and whispering "would've been crushed."

The glowing bride laughs again and I smile. "He would've lived. This was all so impromptu." She gestures to the decorations.

"Everything is so nice, really." I supply. "I'm Alexia." I debate whether to say anything else but the charming groomsman waves me off.