19 : after

FELIX

I wake with the warmth of her soft skin against mine. I gently brush her hair back and kiss her cheek. She stirs and hugs me closer. "Felix?"

"No, it's Joe. How could you forget?" I try for my best southern accent.

She glances up at me quickly in slight panic before realizing all is well. "You jerk! I just woke up."

"Hey, I don't miss opportunities."

"Get out, jerk."

"As you wish-"

"No! Come back," Her whimper is impossible to resist. "Biggest jerk," She mutters sleepily into my chest.

"You know what today is, right?"

"It's too early for jokes, Felix." Her voice is slightly muffled and I chuckle despite myself.

"I'm not joking. Today's coronation," Her eyes widen once more. "-Eve."

"Man, you're irritating."

She tries to smack me with my pillow, but I catch it halfway. "Should've realized that before you chose me."

"Mmmm," She lays a rough kiss on my lips. "I have no regrets."

I hum in agreement and she hugs me. "When should we plan on going back?"

I would joke about how she's sick of me already, but I can hear the disappointment in her voice. She has no desire to leave, she's just preparing herself. "Well, we can go back tonight or leave in the morning. The ceremony isn't until the afternoon, so either way we'll make it back in ample enough time to get ready."

Her nose brushes my neck and I kiss her bare shoulder. "We don't have to decide right now, but, if it will worry you, pick a time."

"Tomorrow," she responds a few seconds later.

'Figured as much,' I feather kisses along her hairline and she fusses, "That's not why!"

"If purity was a requirement, you'd be in a lot of trouble," My comeback wins me a slap on the shoulder.

"You," She musters up the best glare she can. "Are a rude person."

"Always have been," I shrug and she rolls her eyes.

"I have a serious question," She presses and I focus on her, waiting for her inquiry. Her disheveled hair, captivating eyes, and moist lips are the only thing my mind wants to reflect on but I'm curious to know what's on her mind. "When I transitioned—the second time-"

I nod as she collects her thoughts.

"My emotions were..."

"Hard to control?" She nods. "That's why we have a veil to conceal our emotions behind. It's a balance. I'll teach you, but how and when you use it is up to your own discretion. It won't work on your wolf though, you have to reign in control separately for her because she's not tied directly to that version of you."

She blinks, processing.

"You getting it, Pretty Eyes?"

She nods, kisses my cheek, and snuggles against me again. Her rose and vanilla scent is enough to drown me contently.

We stay snuggled together like that for a while. Thoughts drifting aimlessly as we embrace the comfort of each other. I close my eyes, resting my head against hers. Moments pass and I catch wind of some of her thoughts that slip through.

"You don't need to be worried about tomorrow. It'll go as planned, and everything else should fall into place."

"But I'm not really the best with things like this. And people..." She trails off, attempting to hide in the covers.