Chapter 23 - To Behead and Kill

At sundown, the lights within the mountains and forests began to fade away, making the surroundings seemingly serene. In this darkness, pairs of eyes watched attentively. The smell of blood wafted through the air, drawing the attention of a few fierce beasts. Fortunately, this was the outer region without too many fearsome and vicious beasts.

Awooo...

A tiger-striped bug scuttled over, and the patterns on its body made it resemble a big silkworm dyed in a strange color. It was five to six meters long and had the head of a tiger, sinister and fierce. This big bug smelled the True Blood of an Archaic Descendent and wanted a bite of the Suan Ni's precious body.

Pu!

The little guy tossed out an iron spear, directly penetrating the bug's head. With a scream, blood splashed out, and the Tiger-Striped Bug rolled on the ground. Not long after, its life ended.

Soundlessly, a Flying Python as thick as a water bucket pounced over from the precipice of a boulder. It spread both its wings, and a fishy smell spread through the air. When it almost neared, it opened up its huge bloodied mouth to take a bite.

Qiang!

Facing this violent large snake, the little guy did not dare to act carelessly. He directly activated the silver moon and whipped it like a rainbow, cutting the snake directly into two halves. Blood sprayed everywhere like rain.

This all happened in just a few short moments, and Shi Hao had already killed six or seven monsters. He kept close to the Green Scaled Eagle and guarded its body. However, if this continued, vicious beasts from the heart of the mountain range would soon take notice.

"Wolf Village's people will be here soon, don't tell me that Grandpa Chief did not hear the eagle's cries?" The little guy started to worry. He could escape, but he would never leave behind the Green Scaled Eagle.

Wild birds soared into the sky, and the little guy suddenly raised his head. Right now, there was a torrential downpour of iron arrows concentrated straight at his body.

Murderous intent filled the air. The trees in the forest were all twisted and broken into pieces, and the densely packed blanket of iron arrows shot towards them. Even if it was a huge Dragon Horned Elephant blocking their way, it would still be shot full of holes until it turned into a sieve.

The little guy exhaled and loudly shouted. From between his nose and mouth, he spouted out a stream of concentrated air. His entire body was shining, causing symbols to interweave. A silver moon like a knife blocked the front, and clanking sounds rang out.

Iron arrows unceasingly fell and arrowheads continuously broke. They piled densely on the ground, emitting an astonishingly cold metallic luster.

"People of Wolf Village, don't force me!" The little guy's eyes reddened because a few iron arrows landed on the Green Scaled Eagle's wounds.

The iron arrows that were like howling winds and torrential rains finally stopped. In all directions, over a hundred people appeared. They had him surrounded from afar and stared at the Suan Ni and the precious scarlet horn, anxiously breathing.

Even though they had never seen one before, if one lived in these desolate lands long enough, they would how precious the True Blood of an Archaic Descendant was. It was simply invaluable and priceless.

"Little child, this Suan Ni's body is a valuable treasure. You can't guard it by yourself, so be obedient and just leave. We won't make things difficult for you." An elder said in an amiable manner.

The little guy was immediately angry. They went through hell and back to be able to obtain the precious body of the Suan Ni, and soon they would have brought it back to Stone Village. To be killed off halfway by this group of people who wanted to snatch away these Archaic Descendant corpses, how could they resign themselves to such a choice?