Chapter 46 - The Heart of the Mountain Range

The willow tree had been broken for a long time, and what remained of it was a scorched black trunk with a diameter of roughly a dozen meters. It only had a single willow branch that was glistening and replete with moisture as it swayed freely in the wind.

For over ten years, it never said a single thing. Why did it decide to speak today? The little guy blinked his large eyes; he was extremely curious.

"We pay respects to the Willow Deity!"

The villagers were all frightened, and their hearts were extremely reverent. The willow tree's actions greatly exceeded their imaginations. Everyone prostrated themselves in front of it as they prayed for Stone Village's continuous protection.

A few older elders trembled as they lead the prayers. With devout hearts, they spoke out sincerely to convey their respects.

A mysterious power appeared, and it was extremely bizarre. It was similar to the power that the first natives received when they sacrificed to their gods as recorded in the ancient Bone Texts. Power rippled and began to spread outwards.

The ancient cauldron that they inherited from their ancestors began to resonate. The sun, moon, mountains, rivers as well as the first natives on the cauldron began to appear more distinct. A simple ancient and mysterious power circulated about as it filled the air.

However, the willow tree stayed silent just like it had been for the past ten years. It was almost as if it never even spoken at all.

"Listen and obey the warnings of the Willow Deity. Start storing up food!" a village elder calmly gave out instructions.

The village suddenly became busy and bustling. Over 100 mounts' corpses laid in the middle of the street like a mountain. There was enough food to last the villagers for quite a while. To prevent it from rotting, they had to find ways to preserve it.

Today, the smell of meat wafted throughout the village. All the households were either nervously making jerky or smoking meat. Even the children helped. The willow tree spoke; this had never happened in the past ten years. The villagers did not dare treat its words as a hollow threat. Their hearts were anything but calm as they earnestly prepared for an imminent disaster.

Purple Mountain, Lightning Clan, Great Floating Pool, and the Golden Wolf Tribe all mustered up huge forces. In the end, however, they all fled for their lives. They were put into an extremely difficult situation, and Little Lonely Mountain Town was in a state of chaos.

All the humans and creatures within the four huge clans were dejected. They all became birds that were scared away by the twang of a bow. Dread lingered within their hearts, as they had truly lost all face this time. They were resting and reorganizing within Little Lonely Mountain Town, none of them as valiant as they were before. No one dared to raise the subject of attacking Stone Village again, and many of them no longer dared to utter that name.

"Such a disgrace. The powerful four great clans that controlled so much land and commanded so much prestige in these lands weren't even able to strike down a little village." A few clan elders were angry beyond belief.

After venting out their anger for a bit, many people shivered. The willow tree was too powerful, and it was impossible for them to defeat it. This time their losses were too great. They beat their chests and stamped their feet in regret.

This type of huge event would naturally instill a great commotion and attract many misfortunes. The four clans decided to leave as soon as possible.

For them, this was a demonic land stained with blood. A village was actually able to cause three lords from the great clans to die. This defeat was simply unimaginable.