Chapter 42 - The Great Wave

The endless mountain range was no longer tranquil as the various experts roamed about. Some of them were here for Stone Village's Guardian Spirit, while others wanted to investigate the mountain treasure. They came quickly and in bunches, so Little Lonely Mountain Town was packed with people.

The head of each clan did not act blindly without thinking. They all felt that this willow tree was extremely mysterious, and held a deep and immeasurable feeling.

During these past few days, quite a few experts entered the depths of the mountain range. They wanted to see just what kind of divine object was worth fighting over for more than two years non-stop by these Archaic Descendants.

The group of experts made up of individuals from different tribes combined to form an incredibly powerful army. They broke through the outer region, massacring all the fierce beasts in their way before entering the heart of the mountains.

"What kind of treasure do you think it is? To be able to hide for over two years without being found, could it possibly be a living creature?"

"Wu, perhaps it could be a holy medicine that's capable of flight."

The group was chatting amongst themselves, but they didn't neglect to make some preparations. They set out towards the mountains and each of them had some sort of expectation. If they couldn't obtain the treasure, then even obtaining some sort of legendary medicine would make this trip worthwhile.

Of course, if they were to see for themselves the carcasses of Archaic Descendants who fought to their deaths, their hearts would be much more anxious. Without a doubt, each and every one of those creatures was a priceless treasure.

Ao....

Suddenly, a dull roar echoed from within the heart of the ancient mountain range, shaking the entire mountain. Huge rocks tumbled down and crushed the towering trees. It was as if the mountain exploded.

"We didn't even enter that deeply yet, how can there be such a terrifying roar?" Everyone was startled.

Violent winds whistled past, swaying the ancient trees. A strong odor assaulted everyone's noses from within the forest, making them all feel disgusted. At the same time, a wave of frightening and fiendish aura assaulted them.

"Not good, the vicious beasts are moving about. Quickly get into the defensive formation!"

A Golden-Furred Bear rushed out while running upright. It was over ten meters tall, and a large horn stuck out between its brows as it rapidly arrived.

Pu!

Although its body was huge, it wasn't clumsy at all. Its speed was incredibly fast as it arrived. It slammed a palm into the ground before anyone was able to react. One unlucky person was directly squashed by the fan-like bear paw into a pile of meat.

Chi.

One of the experts activated his precious technique and attacked the single-horned Golden-Furred Bear. Bone Text spread out and flames blazed downwards toward the bear. However, this bear was not at all interested in fighting with them. It leapt up over twenty meters before disappearing far away in a flash.

"Not good, quickly run away! It's a beast flood!"

Everyone cried out in alarm. That bear was incredibly powerful and ran at the forefront. Behind it was a huge horde of other vicious beasts that flooded over like a vast expanse of darkness.

Their hearts and bladders began to tremble; no wonder there was such a strong odor that previously assailed their nostrils. Frantic winds whistled past, and an enormous group of vicious beasts advanced.