CHAPTER 24 - Christmas (pt. 2/3)

HARRY'S POV:

"MUM!" I shouted out, jumping at her for a hug. She laughed, hugging me back. Then I realized Reese didn't say anything. She can't be mad on Christmas Eve...

Mum noticed too. She looked at Reese with sad eyes. I know they've missed each other - you can tell - but Reese is being too stubborn to just accept it. What's been done can't be taken back, she needs to move on.

"Well, um, come inside, you two," she mumbled, moving aside for us to come in. We did, pulling along our luggage with us. "You guys can go bring your stuff up to your rooms, I'll go fix us some tea," mum smiled.

Reese turned around and walked up the stairs with her luggage, not uttering a word. I trailed after her. "Reese, come on," I urged, being careful I wasn't too loud, in case mum heard.

"No, Harry," she resisted. I opened my mouth to reply but she opened up her old bedroom door and went inside, closing the door behind her. I sighed. This was NOT how I wanted my holidays to go.

~~~

Half an hour later, we both were pretty much done unpacking and ready for the week ahead of us. It was nice of management to give us a whole week off to spend with our families.

I knocked on Reese's door as I entered the hallway. "It's Harry," I sighed, seeing as she didn't reply. I heard the pitter patter of her dainty feet and the door opened halfway.

"Yes?" she asked, expectantly. Wow, I haven't seen her this grumpy since... Her "time of the month". Ugh, just the thought of it makes me shudder.

I always try to avoid her when she's on it, she isn't exactly the happiest camper. Even Louis doesn't spend the usual amount of time with her, but he will stay for a certain amount before he can't tolerate it anymore. All of the boys as well, except for Niall.

Reese and Niall have this... Strange bond. They're like a pair of inseparable best friends. It's a bit weird if you asked me. He stays with her all the time and watches movies with her while eating sweets and junk food. He even goes out for tampon/pad runs. This might sound incredibley gay, but Niall is the perfect boyfriend.

I still can't believe he and Cher broke up a few days ago. They never gave us a reason either, but Cher says she'll tell us after the holidays because she didn't want to "spoil the mood".

Speaking of "spoiling the mood", back in the taxi, Reese and I made a plan to not tell mum about the kidnappings. It'd just freak her out and we don't need that.

"Come on down, mum's finished making the tea," I answered, seeing as I hadn't yet. I was too lost in my own thoughts. She sighed, turning off the light of her bedroom and followed me down the flight of stairs.

"Play nice, it's Christmas eve," I muttered to her as we entered the lounge room. Mum entered from the connecting door to the kitchen, a platter in hands.

We plopped down onto one couch and mum sat down on the single-seated couch across from us. She set the tray down on the coffee table in-between us. There was three tea cups on it and she began handing them out.

"Harry - Yorkshire tea with two sugars, right?" she grinned, placing mine in front of me. "Exactly, thanks, mum," I smiled. "And Reese - chai tea with one sugar and Irish cream?" mum checked, placing one of the ceramic cups in front of my sister.

I noticed the surprised expression on Reese's face. "Yeah, thanks," she mumbled.

Wow, I can't believe mum remembered our exact orders after a year of not talking to us.

We all sipped our teas in complete silence, until mum finally decided to break it. It isn't usually like this when I return home, especially on the holidays, but I guess everything was just... Tense at the moment.