Prologue

Ryuu

The silence was deafening. The tension thick as the demons eyes penetrated my soul. I already knew I was guilty. Meaning they knew too.
After all, the evidence all pointed to me, and it wasn't exactly a forgivable crime, and it wasn't exactly a forgivable crowd. No, it was in fact the opposite.

All that was left was to wait for the outcome of the trial.
Would they let me live with the pain of bearing the mark of a traiter? Would it be death? Or worse?
Would I be exiled?
A cold sweat caused me to shiver.  The fear made me restless.
´Why did I do that?! I'm so stupid.'

Slam!

His hammer smashed against the desk, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Kimura, Ryuu; we have found you guilty for your crimes, you shall be hereby be exiled to Earth this instant."

I couldn't exactly say I was surprised, but the crushing pain of it still worked it's way into my soul.
They rushed me out of the glamorous hall, and I panickedly looked out for my dad. I found him instantly. He was staring at me, his cold look seemed to dig right into my bones. Anger and  disappointment evident in his features.

The walk to the edge seemed almost, surreal. I couldn't even hear the demons taunting whispers.

The red sky I had always known merged into swirling reds and greys, before it thundered down on us. So, even the higher ups where mad.

Eventually I found my feet were right on the edge. Although I wasn't one to be frightened of heights, this one scared even me to death.
Though, the world  that lay in that dark void of fear waiting for me was, much, much more terrifying than any fall would be.

The demon placed his hand on my head, and suddenly my breath was shuddering out of me. The pain was unbelievable. They were taking my powers. I felt weak, powerless. Human like. Of course, they didn't take all of them, that would be too easy.

No, I would be in more pain this way. My remaining power would just haunt me.

His foot soon made contact with my back and I resisted the urge to cry out as I began to fall, I would at the very least, fall with dignity.

Everything turned black, the wind whistled in my ears, my hair whipped around my face. The last of my power was tingling, making me glow, trying to slow my fall without managing to help me in the slightest.

I was useless.

And somewhere out there, someone else was falling too.

We were falling stars...