Chapter 3 - Kanade

I finished the sum quickly and sat back in my seat. The other guy looked confused as if he was looking at some sort of complicated formulae. Today was the first day back at school after the holidays and i already couldn't be bothered. My holiday was terrible. Lying in a house with an adoptive family that won't let me sleep till after 7am. I just sit in class and try to work but my brain will only half focus and i write finish the work slower than normal. Afterwards i doodle on the paper. I draw my old self which i can vaguely remember and some of the features of my old life. At lunch i run up to the roof of the school to get my usual spot which i normally save for my solitary time. When i get there i open up my bento and aim straight for the rice-balls. My family weren't good on my lazy streak but they sure had good food.

Sitting in the corner of the rooftop, looking over the edge the view is great. I hear the door slam open and a boy strides through and sits in the opposite corner quietly. He pays no attention to me and eats his lunch quietly.
It's Ryuu.
I really dislike him, and i'm sure the feeling is returned. I have no idea how he still manages to stay in school! He doesn't try, he just sits there all nonchalant and doesn't give a care in the world! I sigh and finish eating my bento.
I think to myself 'This world really sucks...'

The bell rings and i walk back to class. He's there as he always is. Sitting there not giving a damn about the world.