Chapter 14 -Ryuu

My voice came out in ragged breaths. Kanade sat next to me in the already crowded room. Crying.

Playing the victim.

What I said may have been harsh, but what they're about to do is so much worse.

And she was the one lecturing me on us being friends.

The darkness of the room Is beginning to crawl towards my body.
Sucking away my air into the endless shadows. A cold sweat trickles down my back.

Kanades voice rings in my ears, bringing me to my senses.

"You know, Ryuu. It's my duty, as an Angel to do this...
It's not my fault... It's not my fault you're a demon."

Her breaths were coming out deep as well. Her puffy red eyes look straight at me. Regret oozing off of them.

"It's not my fault I'm a demon! Sometimes I wish I was an angel. Sometimes, I wish I was human!!"
My anger at the injustice of the system shown out for just a moment.

Wait.

Why did I say that.

I don't mean that...

"Ryuu..." Kanade whispers.

Hikaru noisily walks in and plonks himself down by us and reties my mouthpeice. Both of them leave me alone in the small room . With only one small window on the door. Enough to see Hikaru wrapping his arm around Kanade. He turns.around and stares at me.
An evil smile on his lips.

Closing my eyes I block out everything around me. Waiting for the hits, that I knew we're going to come. That's Hikaru's style.

It has been nineteen days. Roughly. Judging by my questionable inward clock and scraping on the floor. Hikaru places the water and food that wasn't nearly enough to keep me going for two days directly in front of me. My battered, skinny frame reaches out for the water. It shakes so much that I almost drop it.

Nineteen days. Trapped inside of this nightmare curled up in a corner. Unable to sleep. Thankfully, Kanade hasn't come to see me since before. I don't know what I would do if I saw her again. Hikaru came often though. He shows up in order to give food or 'punishment'.
It's not pleasant.

Today makes the twentieth day. Ish. And this time, it Isn't Hikaru but Kanade standing at the door. Great.

She looks like how I feel.
Bad.
She looks at me in shock, Hikaru following in behind her.

The look she has on is literally murderous. But also distressed.

She suddenly just starts screaming at Hikaru. Covering my ringing ears I try to crawl out whilst they argue. Kanade spots me crawling and her distressed face looks like it's whispering 'run' and I tried.

I really did.