Chapter 1 - Kanade

From a year ago to today and my life has never once changed. Next week we return to school after our vacation for a short while.
It was a year ago that i became a falling star that had illuminated the sky next to another similar one from a completely different world. The opposite of me...

I stood in the scarily quiet court room awaiting the verdict of the crime i committed. Punishable as it was, the world was a strict place.
'bang' the judge whacked his gable against desk. The room was silent.
"The Yamazaki, Kanade. You have been found guilty of treason of the highest degree." A few gasps were heard and then the room fell silent once again, awaiting the punishment.
"You shall be sentenced to life on earth. Subjected to normal human life, you shall be ridiculed by those who used to admire you as a high achiever and top student. You may now leave my presence and receive your punishment." The judge stood up and left. I kept my eyes closed the entire time, not allowing my face to show any emotion as i was punished by a so called 'comrade'.
I may have been an angel but the punishment surely was made by the devil. I had heard many rumours but none worse than the actual punishment. Even in hell it wasn't as bad.
I was brought the edge of the land which i called home. I was securely tied, my hands behind my back and stripped of my dignity, my pride, and my once life. I was pushed harshly forward, forced to balance on the edge whilst they began the painful part of my punishment.
I could feel part of me moulting and draining away the life i had left. My powers and life force was taken from me harshly but looked gently. Once they had all disappeared i was pushed with a foot off of the edge. I closed my eyes and braced for what was to come. I could feel that in all if my lives, in a close past one, i had felt this pain. And it warned me so i knew what was to come. My mind was being filled with new information of a human life which i was meant to fill. I kept processing the new information whilst keeping hold of that last shred of memory before it disappears. Soon it vanishes and i find myself with a tear floating down my face. Defying gravity with the way i fell. I was falling upside down, glowing with light, like a falling star, ready for its glow to disappear and become anew, unrecognisable.

That was who i was then, my life new has never been happy or good. My loved ones who left me alone, unbelieving in my opinion. Life isn't so bad and i am not completely solo. My old sword is the only memory i have of my old life. The rest figments of imagination, i believe them to be fictional as i still have no recollection of my past those memories long away from my grasp.
I summon my sword and hold it close, hugging it tightly. A small tear flows from my eye as i remember the day. And i whisper to myself in my room.

"Happy birthday..."