Chapter 4 -Ryuu

The walls are always staring. Always. These ones happened to be staring at me mockingly. Laughing at how the darkness they brought was incasing me.
Strangling me.
Every time I shut my eyes I am reminded of this. So instead of sleeping I stay up until the Sun comes up. Burning the darkness, and the crushing sensation away. Saving me. I could almost laugh at myself. A claustrophobic demon? Pitiful. If I had been like this in Hell I would've probably never survived. After all, it was always, kind of, dark there... Don't get me wrong though. I miss it there. More than anything. The blue sky here on Earth was totally different to anything I've ever seen, yet whenever the sun rises... or falls, and the sky turns red, I catch myself thinking, 'this is what I miss, the magical red swirls in the sky...'

Suddenly I feel a little dribble of water on my face making me jump. I seriously hate it when Yukine does that...

"Wakey wakey!!!" I roll over and glare daggers at him.

"Wow... You look like Hell kid! Actually, you always look like that..." He started sniggering to himself. How lame... "Seriously though, you have got to do something about this sleeping thing, maybe see a clinic?" I immediately reject that idea. Does he seriously expect me to go to a sleeping clinic? No way. He narrows his eyes and I know he's plotting something. That devious little...

I sit in the back of class. As usual. We're about a month into the new school year and basically everyone's got their group of friends sorted out.

"Ryuu!" I look up, hair covering my face. The teacher is standing over my desk looking irritated.

"What did you get for question 6D?!" Umm...
"Let me guess, you didn't get that one? What about the next question? ... no? See me after class."
Whaaaat. Seriously? By now the entire class was sniggering.

"Kanade, do you know?" The girl sitting in front of me smirks slightly as she answers, of course it was the right answer too. Oh, she is so irritating. It doesn't really matter anyway, I don't care nor need school. It's pointless...

DIIIIING DOONG

Finally, I can leave. Unfortunately, the teacher forced me to take Kanades notes to look over. She said she's 'worried' about me. Sure. As I'm walking out though, I see a most unpleasant sight... Yukines green and orange car. The colours don't go together at all! It makes me want to puke! He opens the door hauntingly, beckoning me over. Narrowing my eyes I saunter over to him, he points at the seat and I raise my eyebrows. He points, more vigorously this time, and I decide to humour him.

"So, where are we going?" I question him. He gives me a sly grin. "I swear to God if it's the magic sleeping place thing, I'm not going in..." I mumble, just loud enough for him to hear.

Ok, I didn't want to go, he used his sneaky, evil tactics... I put down Kanades notes, I wasn't actually reading them, just pretending for Yukines peace of mind. Turns out she's good at drawing, there was a little Angel doodle on one of the pages, for some reason I felt like I had to draw a demon behind it, so I did, it's more than a little creepy...

God, I'm awful at drawing.

So we're sitting in the area, and guess what! Kanade is sitting there too. And I don't know what's up with whoever it is she's with, but I could very much hear her snide insults towards me. 'Look at that boy, he looks like he's not slept in weeks...' ' Does he even try to make his hair look brushed?'

Ruuude. Honestly though. Have some manners! That was a little embarrassing, even for me!

"Kimura, Ryuu. Your appointment is ready."

Well that was a half out of my life that I will never get back ever. That woman smelt awful too. Like rotten cabbage. Yuck. And every time she spoke she made a weird piping notice with her lips. She prescribed me with sleeping pills too. I hate pills. Can't keep them down.

So we're leaving the room when the ceiling caves in, and what do you know, a freaking huge monster demon is standing right there. My head impulsively looks to see if Yukines ok, he seems to be... Just out cold. Which, at the moment I would kind of like to be.

Though, for some reason, it was facing the other way. I should take out the threat as its distracted I thought snapping into my, immensely cool, battle mode.

Summoning my sword I charge at him. (His little magic given to him was so he could summon his magic black sword.) Jumping in the air I peirce him right in the back and keep pushing it further, and further into him. The wound is glowing blindingly so by this point, and after what felt like an age, the demon finally vanished back to the deepest and darkest parts of Hell.

None of this surprised me in the least, what did though, was when I fell forwards when he vanished, and came face to face with a girl holding a similar sword to mines.

And that girl just happens to be Kanade.

She looks just as confused as I feel.

"You've got to be kidding me!" She groans. "Your a fallen Angel too?"