一 08 ; a secret

the hospital

"we're here to see kang aena, my mum, ward 3O4

"we're here to see kang aena, my mum, ward 3O4. i'm kang taehyun by the way and he is beomgyu" Taehyun notified the receptionist.

The receptionist nodded and searched for kang aena, ward 304 on her computer. To her surprise, the name was not found. She furrowed her eyebrows and tried searching the name again.

"i'm sorry but kang aena is not on our list at the moment. do you remember the doctor who attends to her?" the receptionist asked.

Taehyun nodded with a hint of worry on his face. "yes, dr kim, kim seok jin."

The receptionist dialed for Dr Kim as Taehyun started to tense up. Beomgyu noticed it and stepped closer to the younger, drawing circles on the younger's back with his slender fingers.

"kang taehyun? you called for me?" A handsome man in a doctor suit approached them.

Taehyun nodded and rushed over to the doctor. "yes, where is my mum? park aena?"

"we moves her to another hospital, her condition worsened and-"

As soon as he heard the his mum's conditioned worsened, tears slowly streamed down his cheek. "i-i'm sorry- i need to go t-to the toilet for a while."

Taehyun walked to a nearby toilet to wash his face, leaving Dr. Kim and Beomgyu alone.

"you were saying that her condition worsened and?"

"she signed a declaration saying that she won't be going for the surgery. the surgery will have a lot of side effects on her body as she has a weakened immune system."

"oh..."

Beomgyu didn't know what he should be doing with this information. Should he tell Taehyun? But what if he doesn't take it lightly?

Beomgyu's mind was clouded with many thoughts until he heard the younger's voice beside him again.

"w-which hospital is she in now?"

"eternally hospital, but their visiting hours is closed until tomorrow, 8pm."

"thanks for the info..." Taehyun replied with sadness written all over his face. He turned around slowly and made his way back to the carpark where Beomgyu's car was parked as the older followed behind.

+++

The car ride was awfully quiet. Usually Beomgyu would try starting up a conversation but all he could think of was what dr kim said.

"hyung?"

The younger's soft and trembling voice snapped Beomgyu out of his thoughts. He glanced at the rear-mirror and saw the younger with tears building up in his eyes.

"hmm?"

"my mum will be o-okay, right?"

Beomgyu sighed and kept his focus on the road he was driving on, trying to avoid Taehyun's question, but he knew he couldn't. He plastered up a small fake smile on his face and nodded slightly.