Unexpected

Yuzuru woke up, happy to see that Anya was still asleep next to him. He checked the time and seeing that it was already a normal morning hour, he was proud of his last night's performance that would finally make her tired enough to actually get some proper sleep.
Yuzuru quietly got up, making sure he wouldn't wake her up, and then tucked the duvet closer on her, so she wouldn't get cold and went to the bathroom.

___________________

Anya woke up, sad to see that she was alone in the bed. She already woke up several times during the night, always ready to get up but then anytime she looked at Yuzuru, peacefully sleeping next to her, she just tucked herself closer to him and always managed to fall asleep again and again.
Now that he wasn't there anymore, she sat on the bed and dressed up, hearing muffled voices from the living room.
She stood up to go to the bathroom but the voices were now getting louder as if in a fight. Anya couldn't understand a word as it was in Japanese but could easily recognize that it was Yuzuru's mum almost yelling at Yuzuru and he definitely yelling back at her.
She sat back on the bed, wondering what's going on and trying to suppress her need to go to the bathroom.
Anya was hoping that whatever it is, they will soon resolve it but even though the yelling was now calming down, the emotions in their voices definitely were not. Yumi sounded to her as if she was about to cry and Yuzuru was just incredibly annoyed and irritated, giving her just short answers.
Anya couldn't take it any longer and just had to go to the loo, mustering all of her mental strength to open the door and come out.

The moment she did, they both looked at her. Yuzuru with a sad expression in his eyes and to her surprise his always so kind mum with anger. Anya pushed herself against the wall, trying to figure out what did she do to cause this fight.

Yumi started to angrily point at Anya and saying something, her voice rising again and Yuzuru was just shaking his head. To Anya, it seemed as if his mum was asking him to tell Anya something and he didn't want to do it.
She then yelled something at him and he yelled back at her, his words immediately taking effect on Yumi. As whatever it was his mum was taken aback by those words and now quiet. Yuzuru sighed and now went to confused Anya, who was still pressing her back against the wall, hoping to sink into it and disappear.

-I am so so sorry that I even have to ask you this, but could you please bring your phone?

Anya nodded and left, a moment later back with her phone, handing it to Yuzuru.
He opened her photo gallery, filled only with pictures of chess boards from her matches that she still wanted to analyze. Yuzuru triumphantly showed it to his mum, scrolling through all of the images and Yumi just nodded, then turning to Anya.

-Gomen

She mumbled and slightly bowed. She then took out her own phone, dialing somebody, and left the room.

Yuzuru gave Anya her phone back, now leaning against her and giving her a soft kiss on her forehead.

-I am so sorry Anya, I would have never question you, she just insisted. It was the only way to stop the fight.

-I would never take a picture of you, Yuzu....especially not without your permission.

-I know.

-But why would she even think that? Did something happen?

-Rachel.

He didn't have to say anything else, that was the last piece of the puzzle that Anya was missing and now everything made sense.

-She published the pictures she had of you, didn't she?

-Not yet, but she went with them to one of the Japanese tabloids. They contacted my publicist overnight since they are in Japan. My mum was on the phone with them since 3 am.