Healing*

Yuzuru called them a taxi and before going home they stopped at a tech store where she bought herself a new notebook. He was amazed how from the technical point of view she understood them much better than him. In the end, she picked one that was out of her price range but no matter how much he insisted on buying it for her, she didn't let him.

-Yuzu, I am not gonna let you cover anything for me. Keep your money and put them to good use.

-I am already doing that, but trust me, I wouldn't even notice this amount disappearing from my bank account.

She gave him a smile, and this one momentarily reach her eyes as well.

-Stop flexing.

-What's that?

-Showing off.

-I am not---

-Yuzu, if I would be in a need of money, I can always find a way how to quickly come up with some temporary solution. I'm smart. But no matter what, it won't be going from your pocket.

He sighed and let the topic be, wanting to be home as soon as possible.

____________

They were going up the stairs to his apartment, Yuzuru cursing they don't have an elevator.
Anya was obviously in pain with each step, no matter how much she was trying to hide it from him and he just wanted to pick her up and carry her but even that would hurt her as she didn't let him touch her, except for holding her hand.

Once they got through the door she asked him if she could go and take a shower, to which he hurriedly nodded.

-Of course. I will run you a bath, I have some pain-numbing herbs and oils I can add to it.

She gave him a weak smile of appreciation and once the bath was ready she locked herself in the bathroom and didn't come out for two hours.
During the time Yuzuru couldn't sit still, either pacing the room, trying to watch a TV, reading, or pacing again. Nothing worked to calm him down. After what seemed to him like hours, he heard the water running again and put his ear on the bathroom door, wanting to make sure she is okay. He could hear her sobbing over the sound of the running water and slid down against the door, quietly crying as well on the other side with persistent helplessness in his heart.

________________

When she finally came out, there were no signs of her crying, but he could already see small bruises forming on her arms. He opened his mouth to say something but Anya raised her hand to stop him and went to lie in his bed, facing the wall.
He followed after her and put the duvet love, lying down right behind her. He lifted his hand to embrace her but realized he can't touch her and just rested his forehead against her back in frustration.
They were lying like this for a long time while Yuzuru was trying to come up with something that could make her feel better, wanting to be of some use. He recalled how she read him Harry Potter when he was hurt, but all the books he had were in Japanese. He got up and went to his bag for the Jane Eyre book, to see if maybe some full chapters were still readable.
He sat back on the bed and checked the cover one more time, this time properly noticing the cuts on it.

-Anya! Did the guy have a knife?

-Hmm.

-Did he cut you? It could get infected!

-No. He used it only for the threats.

-What threats?

-Nevermind Yuzu, I don't want to talk about it.