•011•

𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚢 - 𝙾𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚘

Beatrice was sitting at her desk, again. She has found herself there a lot recently. She has covered over half of the book Will gave her for Christmas last year. Her parents even bought her a big case of colored pencils and crayons.

Whenever Bea's pen or pencil touched the paper, she was in another world. Time would fly. What felt like minutes turned out to be a couple of hours.

Currently, she was drawing a creature. She doesn't even know what it is. It has four legs with three legs/fingers attached. It also has an oddly shaped head. There seems to be what looks like a tail in there (?) Who knows? Bea clearly doesn't.

Her brain is saying that because it's so close to Halloween, her mind is making up scary monsters and she's just drawing what she comes up with.

Her gut, on the other hand, is saying it's a banshee thing. That something bad is going to happen. But what would happen? It's been good for so long, why ruin it? But her head is also telling her to listen to her instincts.

Brain pick a side!

The inner fight with her mind and her gut was cut off from static coming from the left of her desk. Her walkie-talkie was going in and out. And then she remembered: Her and the party had plans to go to the arcade today.

She grabbed the communication device and pulled up the antenna. "Bea. Beatrice, do you copy?"

"Yes, I copy. Over." She answered as she reached for her piggy-bank.

"God, do you know how long we've been trying to reach you?" Dustin complained.

Pressing the button, she replies, "Sorry, sorry. I lost track of time."

"Drawing again?" The voice of Will was heard coming from her walkie-talkie.

"Yeah. But that's besides the point. How much you got?" She asked, talking about money as she counts her quarters.

Lucas spoke, "Yeah we've got a good amount. When are you gonna get here?"

"Um, gimme a sec. I'll get some more coins and I'll have my dad drop me off. See you in a bit. Over and out." She pushed the antenna back down.

Beatrice grabbed about five dollars worth of quarters from her piggy-bank and ran out of her room. When she reached the living room, her dad was nowhere to be found. She was about to ask her mom when she was cut off. "Outside."

Surely enough, when Bea went outside, there was her dad, waiting for her in the driver's seat. This has happened on multiple occasions. She would lose track of time and race to leave and go to the arcade. It's become a sort of routine.

As soon as she clicked her seatbelt in, her dad started driving her to the arcade. It didn't take that long and it was good because she saw the boys pull up at the same time.

Wherever Beatrice goes, she needs a parent to drive her. Her parents are deathly worried about their other child going missing. They never want it to happen again. Hell, they wouldn't wish for it to happen in the first place.

It's okay because she's not the only one. Joyce brings Will wherever he goes, too. At least they're in this together, y'know?

"Okay, Joyce already said that she'll pick you up and bring you home tonight." Mr. Holland informed his daughter.

Bea rushes out of the car. "Got it. Love you, bye dad."

When she reached the boys, Will was walking up to the group. They all went into the arcade, took their money out, and started playing some games.