•007•

𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗' - 𝚃𝚘𝚖 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢

The next day, Mike radioed for both Bea and Dustin to come over. When the two walked into the basement, it didn't go unnoticed that Eleven's makeshift bed was taken down. Practically demolished.

Beatrice has yet to tell anyone about her drawing of the kid who looked their age. Or the newest addition to her art book. This time it was an older boy. Possibly an adult. What was she supposed to say? "Oh, yeah, by the way, I drew a picture of these two random guy's I've never seen before. What does it mean?"

That'll end smoothly.

Not.

As soon as Bea sat on the couch, Mike started to talk about Eleven as he paced the room, "I just— I just can't believe she didn't come back."

"She's gotta be close." Dustin assures. He was across from the boy.

"She said it wasn't safe." Mike turns towards Beatrice. "Did you feel any 'gut feelings' about things not being safe?"

"No. Maybe because we weren't actually going in the right direction." She suggested.

Mike was getting riled up. His words came out faster and louder than he intended. "She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us. You get that, right?"

Bea smiles and nods, "Yeah."

"Mike, calm down." Dustin warns, only to be ignored.

"I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that."

"Well, I did tell you to stop yelling at her." Bea reminds, which resulted in Dustin giving her a look that says, 'not the time'.

Dustin grabs Mike's attention from Bea, "Mike, this isn't your fault."

"Yeah, it's Lucas'."

"Wasn't his fault either." Dustin shrugs as Beatrice stands from the couch and placed herself next to Dustin.

"It wasn't his fault?" Mike asks the two friends in front of him.

"No." They reply in unison.

"So, you're saying he wasn't way out of line?" Mike questions, growing irritated.

"Totally, but so were you!"

His eyes go as wide as saucers, "What?"

"So was Eleven." Bea adds.

"Really? Isn't she like your best friend now and you say she was out of line? Give me a break!"

"No, Mike, you give us a break. All three of you were being a bunch of little assholes! Bea and I were the only reasonable ones. While you and Lucas were wrestling and El was screaming and crying — Bea tried to calm her down, while I tried to pry you off each other." Dustin argues, pointing in Mike's face. "But the bottom line is..." He starts calming down, "...you pushed first. And you know the rule. You draw first blood..." Dustin trails off.

Mike shook his head in disagreement. "No. No way! I'm not shaking his hand."

"Mike," Bea groans. She shut her eyes tightly out of annoyance. This boy is too stubborn.

"You're shaking his hand," Dustin orders.

"No, I'm not!"

"This isn't a discussion. This is the rule of law. Right, Bea?" Dustin tilts his head to the girl.

"Yes. You have to shake his hand or you will be banished from the party. Do you want to be banished?" Bea quirks, walking up to Mike like Dustin had previously done.