•015•

𝙱𝚊𝚍 𝙼𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚎 - 𝙱𝚘𝚗 𝙹𝚘𝚟𝚒

While looking for that little thing, the girls decided to check the gym. They didn't really talk much. They're too worried about this whole Dart thing. Their conversation consisted of 'find anything?' and 'nothing here'. After checking under the bleachers, they decided to look around the locker rooms.

They quickly turned around after hearing someone scream at them. It was Mike. And his weapon of choice; a mop.

"What the hell are you doing?" Both girls stared at him widely.

"What are you doing?" Mike repeated as he put his weapon down since he didn't need it. There was no threat. "Why are you here?"

"We're looking for Dart." Beatrice spoke in a 'duh' tone.

"This is the boys' room."

Max shrugs. "Yeah, so?"

"So you should go home!" Mike snapped to Max as he threw the mop down and left the locker room.

The girls kept up with his speed and quickly walked out behind him. "Why do you hate me so much?"

"Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that too." Bea wondered as she followed them into the gym.

"I don't hate you. How can I hate you? I don't even know you." He stared forward, not even glancing back as he spoke.

"But you don't want me in your party."

"I do." Bea puts in her two cents.

"Correct." Mike responds to Max.

"Why not?"

"Because you're annoying." He spins around and points to the girl who he's had beef with since day one. Sounds like someone I know.

"No she's not." Bea defends, standing next to Max.

"Thank you."

Mike ignores her comment, "Besides, we don't need another party member. I'm our paladin, Will's our cleric, Dustin's our bard, Lucas is our ranger, Bea's our divination wizard," Max gives Bea a questioning look. If memory serves right, does that mean that Beatrice can see the future? "—and El's are mage."

Beatrice facepalms when Max asked Mike, "El? Who's El?"

"Someone. No one."

She scoffs with her face still in her hands. "Oh, God, Mike," Bea groans under her breath.

"Someone or no one?" Max questions.

"She was in our party a long time ago. She moved away, okay?" Mike lied as he turned to walk away.

Max looks at Bea for answers. "It's a sensitive topic for all of us. She was my first girl friend." She nods sadly.

"Sorry." Max apologized to Bea. After the strawberry blonde says that it's okay, the ginger places her board down and skates over to Mike. "She was a mage? What could she do? Like, magic tricks or something?" She stops in front of Mike as Bea walks over. "Well, I could be your zoomer."

"That's not even a real thing."

"It could be." Max suggests as she gets back onto her skateboard to do some tricks, "See? Zoomer."

"Mind-blowing." Mike spoke in annoyance.

Max scoffed at his attitude. "Come on, you know you're impressed."

"I know I am." Bea helped as she and Mike watched Max skate around them in a circle.

He was bored out of his mind. "I don't see any tricks. You're just going around in a circle."