•003•

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙼𝚎 - 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚎

The next morning was like every morning. The girls ate breakfast, got ready for the day, said goodbye to their parents, and Barb drove them to school. Barb walked Bea to the middle school before going to the high school. After last night's events, the girls eventually went to bed in the same room. That way they felt safe.

The party was now in school, minus Mike, and obviously Will. They were in Mr. Clarke's class when Dustin started saying how it wasn't good that Mike was this late. Lucas then accused the plan of sucking ass. Well... In a less vulgar way. The trio came to the conclusion that Mike was in 'deep shit' because Mrs. Wheeler probably found the girl from last night.

"Hey, what if she slept naked?" Dustin asked, which resulted in a gag from Bea behind him. The seat next to her being empty for the second day in a row.

Lucas scoffs, "Oh, my God, she didn't."

"Hey," Dustin begins, turning to Bea, "did you get any weird feelings? Like a bad feeling about Mike or that girl?" He's hoping Mike wasn't actually in deep shit 'cause they would be too.

"No." Bea admits with a shrug, "I do have a gut feeling, but it's a good one. Like, my gut is telling me to be friends with this girl, or something. I don't know." She dismisses her thoughts and shakes her head unsurely. Her feelings have been going haywire the past two days.

"No." Lucas disagrees, "You won't become friends because all that matters is that after school, the freak will be back in the loony bin, and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will." Both Bea and Dustin nod slowly as class is about to start.

The bell rings and the principal speaks over the PA, "Attention, faculty and students. At 8:00 p.m. tonight, there will be an assembly on the football field in support of Will Byers and his family. All are encouraged to attend. Volunteer sign-ups for search parties are still available in the office."

Mr. Clarke hands the kids their papers before he starts today's lesson.

•••••

After school, Lucas, Dustin and Bea rode their bikes straight to Mike's house. The ride was quiet — except for the occasional questions asking what they might walk into. They rode past the gardener and left their bikes in the garage. As soon as they were let in, they headed straight to Mike's room. And they noticed an extra person there, sitting right on Mike's bed with a blanket wrapped around her.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas asked in disbelief, as Bea walked a little closer to the girl who still has no name to the kids who just walked in.

"Just listen to me." Mike persists.

"You are out of your mind!" Lucas concludes.

"She knows about Will." He informs.

"What?" Bea asked quietly as she continued to stare at the girl on the bed.

Bea zones out of the conversation after that to stare at the girl. She's sure she looks creepy, but she could care less. Her gut is telling her to get to know her, but her friend is saying that she's crazy.

She realizes she's staring when Lucas comes up to the girl and asks her questions about Will. "Do you know where he is? Do you know where Will is?" He shouts as he grabs her shoulders and shakes them.

"Stop it!" Bea yells, as she sits next to the girl, comforting her.

"You're scaring her!" Mike shouts.

"She should be scared!" He argues against Mike, "If you know where he is, tell us!" Lucas looks back at her.

No reply.