•001•

𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 - 𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚡

November 6th, 1983
Hawkins, Indiana

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you," Michael, a dark-haired boy says, "swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here."

"What is it?" The boy with a bowl cut — Will — asks, anxiously.

"What if it's the demogorgon?" Asked the only girl, sitting next to her friends at the small table. Will and Dustin lean back in defeat at the thought.

"Oh, Jesus, we are so screwed if it's the demogorgon." Dustin, the one with curly hair murmurs, putting his head in his hands.

"It's definitely the demogorgon, I've got a gut feeling." The strawberry blonde tells them, placing her hands over her stomach.

"It's not the demogorgon." Lucas disagrees, not believing his friends one bit.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike smacks the character piece onto the board.

Lucas leans back in his chair with a proud smirk. "Troglodytes?" Dustin asks unsurely.

"Told ya." Lucas says in an weird voice. The four chuckle at the odd tone. But, Mike was not laughing.

"Wait a minute." He spoke softly before looking around the room. "Do you hear that? That—that sound... Boom... Boom..." Mike continues, "Boom!" he yells, slamming his hands onto the table. All the kids flinch. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... That came from something else."

"Demogorgon!" Bea whisper shouted with wide eyes as her friends all eye each other at what could be on the other side of Mike's division.

"The demogorgon!" Mike shouts, slamming the demogorgon character on the game board.

All of them groan. "Told ya," Bea mocks what Lucas stated earlier and he rolls his eyes at her childish behavior.

"We're in deep shit!" Dustin swears.

"Will, your action?" Mike called.

"I— I don't know!" He sputters nervously at the spotlight being on him.

Lucas motions at the creature. "Fireball him!"

"But I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" He defends.

"Too risky." Dustin warns from beside him.

"Cast a protection spell." Bea spoke softly to Will.

"Don't be a pussy," Lucas warns, "Fireball him!"

"Cast protection!" Bea and Dustin speak in unison.

"Jinx!" Bea smiles, but no one laughed along because they were quickly distracted by Mike.

Said boy slams both of his hands on the table. "The demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. Boom!"

"Fireball him, Will!"

"Another stomp, boom!"

"Cast protection."