•013•

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢'𝚜 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚎 - 𝚁𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕

"Are they bothering you?" Bea quipped when she reached Max's locker, finding both Dustin and Lucas speaking to her.

From across from her, Dustin quickly denies, "No, we are not."

"We were just coming here to ask if Max wanted to go trick or treating with us." Lucas simplified, gesturing to the girl whose locker was still open.

"Yeah, we told you that earlier." The other boy nodded.

"Well then, do it." Bea encouraged. Her arms crossed her chest as her eyes flickered between the pair.

"D— do what?" Bea and Max roll their eyes and look at each other in disbelief.

Bea leans forward and slaps both their arms harshly, "Ask her."

"Well, we were thinking that it would be okay if you came with us for trick or treating." Bea groans and rolls her eyes at the way Dustin worded that.

Max quirked an eyebrow. "'It'd be okay?'"

"Yeah!" Dustin grew excited as Lucas stood there with an awkward smile. "Our party's a democracy, and the majority voted for you to come."

"I didn't realize it was such an honor to go trick or treating with you." The new girl was sarcastic. Beatrice officially loves her.

Dustin shrugged nonchalantly, "Yeah. I mean, we know where to get the full-size candy bars. We figured you'd want in."

"That's presumptuous of you." Max's eyes flickered between them as they tried to register the unknown word.

"Uh, oh. Big word." Bea snickers which makes Max laugh along with her. The boys stood there silently as the girls laughed at their faces.

"Yeah," Dustin agrees with Max's statement unsurely. "Totally. Uh, so, um... you'll come?"

Max slams her locker. "Bye Bea." She bid before turning around and walking out of the school to her brothers blue cameo.

Said girl let out a triumphant sigh, "I think that went well." She turned to the boys with her arms on her hips and a bright smile on her face.

"Seriously, Bea? You were no help at all."

"I already asked her earlier in class. Don't worry, she'll come." And with that, Beatrice walked off with the boys following behind since they are all leaving together. The trio met with Mike before jumping on their bikes and began to ride home.

"Really, everyone dressed up last year." Dustin complains to the group about their day at school.

Bea's head snaps behind her and she catches sight of a car speeding towards them. It's the car again. Soon enough, the entire group notices too and all of them yell at each other to speed up and pedal faster so they don't die. As the care grows closer, the four of them drive off to the side of the road. Just as the car swerved around them.

"Was that...?" Dustin trails off after he stands up from where he had fallen.

"Mad Max." Lucas finished, looking at the car driving away with fearful eyes.

"The car. It's the damn car again." Bea yells to herself and she begins to pace.

Her friends all turn to her, confusion written all over their features. "What car? What about the car?" Mike was the one to ask.

Instead of responding, Beatrice grabbed her backpack from the pile of leaves. She began digging around until her hand found her art book. Flipping to the right page, she practically throws her book in the boys hands. Three pairs of eyes stared down at a drawing of the car that was just about to hit them, but with a crack in the windshield.