•012•

𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 - 𝚁𝚊𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚛 𝙹𝚛. •

Beatrice, Dustin and Lucas were hiding behind a car at the Arcades parking lot, waiting for Max. Bea doesn't even know how she was roped into this, but she has some time to kill before dinner tonight. So, why not?

"Still no sign?"

"Jack shit." Lucas swears as he moves his binoculars around.

It honestly makes no sense why he insists on using them. Bea and Dustin can see perfectly fine without it. He's just being extra.

"Oh! Damn it. My moms gonna murder me." Dustin complained under his breath.

Lucas shrugged. "So go home. I'll radio if she comes."

"Oh, yeah, nice try. You just want me out of here so you can make your move." Dustin will not fall for his tricks.

Lucas spoke sarcastically, "Oh, 'cause you're such a threat."

"That's right. She will not be able to resist these pearls." He purrs. Purrs. He's not Mews.

Lucas cocks his head. "Oh, yeah? Let's ask Bea then since she's a girl."

Dustin turns around to purr at her but she puts her hand up in disgust. "No. Stop."

Dustin frowns and looks back at the arcade. He notices a car pull up and slaps Lucas' arm. "Ten o'clock. Ten o'clock."

When the blue camaro rolls up, Max jumps out with her skateboard in hand. Her and what seems to be her step-brother are arguing. Beatrice pays no attention to the people around her, but the car Max was just in.

She knows that car. She drew that car. Does that mean something bad was going to happen to it? The boys got out from their hiding space — they're going to follow Max into the arcade. They turn to the girl still behind the car.

Looking down at her hands, Beatrice tells them that she's gonna head home and to not worry about her. She can think about the car later, but right now she has to get ready for dinner with her parents, Nancy, and you'll never guess who; Steve Harrington.

When the doorbell rang, Bea was the one to open the front door. She greeted Nancy and Steve with a small smile as she opened the door wide enough to let them in. Looking down her yard, she spots the 'For Sale' sign. The girl sighs before shutting the door.

She can't believe she's moving.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get to cook." Marsha — Mrs. Holland — apologized. They were eating Kentucky Fried Chicken at the dinner table. "I was gonna make that baked ziti you guys like so much, but I just forgot about the time, and then before you know it, 'Oh, my God, it's five o'clock'." They chuckle.

"It's fine," Nancy assures, "It's great." She turns to Steve to agree.

"Right. I love KFC," he added as he shoved some macaroni in his mouth.

After a moment of silence, Nancy spoke, eyes flickering around the Holland's cautiously. "So, I noticed a 'For Sale' sign out in your yard." Beatrice hasn't informed the boys of this yet. "Is that the neighbors', or..?" She trials off.

"You wanna tell them?" Marsha asked her husband with excitement.

He nods to his wife. "Go ahead."

She turns back to the teens. "We hired a man named Murray Bauman. Have either of you heard of him?" They shake their heads 'no'. "He was an investigative journalist for the Chicago Sun-Times."