4

SONG: Perfect Places, Lorde

GEORGE

Finding Clay was easy. Way to easy. By that I mean, I just followed him. I ran swiftly behind him trying to cover my face from the locals around me. If they saw who I was, here in their territory. I would be killed in a matter of minutes.

Everyone knew what Cotton Café was, I knew they would be there. My blood boiling for revenge, for all the trouble they caused tonight. For the embarrassment that would be laid upon Toby's family. I would've watched Toby die, he could've possibly be killed in-front of me.

I stood there, right in front of the man, mask covering his whole face over his blonde sweaty hair and long dangling black earring. He seemed angry, he stood stiff as his veiny hands now balled into a fist.

I stood my ground for a moment, arms crossed until he looked to be back of him and then walked swiftly towards me. Grabbing my coat and pulling me straight out of the café and into the rain.

"How the fuck did you find me? How do you know who I am?" He pushed me backwards now as I walked towards him, I wasn't afraid of Clay, I knew his biggest weakness.

I knew who he was.

"It isn't hard Clay, I have power y'know, criminal records, all I needed was your face and bam, I found you."
"Do you know what I can do to you?" He asked now, ripping his mask off and throwing it onto the wet floor.

The rain dripped his hair over his freckles and bright green eyes over dark bags. He was angry, it was almost like you were watching his eyes stab you to death.
"I'm not afraid of you Clay," I took a step towards him, "you fucked with the wrong rich asshole."

With that he laughed, it sounded vicious in the night as the moon glowed over half of his face.
"Don't worry Davidson, your blood is going to be the first thing I smear on the presidents home." He know looked down at me. Our chests almost touching as we both breathed heavily.

"Do it Clay, hopefully you don't miss this time." I laughed.
"What are you talking about?"
"The presidents son, you missed." I smiled and his face went blank. He took a step back and looked into the café, I guess he wanted to keep this encounter of ours a secret.

"You know if I don't kill you, they will find you." He whispered, his tone silent as he faced me again, this time less harmfully.
"I'm prepared to beat anyone's ass at the moment." I said as he rolled his eyes, retrieving his mask that laid on the floor, cursing at a crack that sat at the top.

"Sure George, sure, do you know who we are? Generally, do you know what MASK does to people like you?"

He was right, I might've been to confident in the moment but I wasn't going to put my guard down. I had no arrows, no guns, swords or knifes and I generally had no guts in me to kill someone.

"I'm prepared for all the consequences." Is all I muttered.
"Stop coming back to the presidents home and I won't rat you out." I changed the subject as he walked back towards the café that was soon about to close as the lights slowly started to go out.

"Go home rich kid, you don't belong around here."
"I mean it." I yelled at him and he stopped in his tracks, which got me nervous as I felt fear bundle in my veins.