Chapter 1- Normal Life

Cora's POV

I woke up to my alarm beeping.  Being in a good mood I changed the beeping into a song by my amazing Keats.  I showered then got dressed. I pulled my phone off the dock and plugged in my headphones.  I ran downstairs and grabbed my skateboard.  "Mom I'm leaving!" I said through my smile.  "Bye Corie" She yelled from across the house.

It was monday so I had my first two classes with Keaton.  I looked down at my wrist their was a the charm braclet he had given to me for my 13th birthday.  90 percent of the 8 charms on it were from him. Their was the little oval locket with a picture in it from the first day we met.  He was so cute he, i was new at his school and he was a bit of an outcast and he wanted to prove to his friends he could talk to a girl so he asked for a picture with me.  I had loved him from the begining.

"Hey kiddo" came a voice I mentally placed with Tamara.  She was nice but we were strictly school friend I have never done anything outside school with her.  Me being Keaton Strombergs member of Emblem3 and one of the most popular kids bestfriend.  You think I would be popular? Ha No quite far from it actually.  I hang with Keats alot at school but i don't get along with his croud so i give him space here.  

"Hello?" Tamara asked "Were you listening to me?" "Oh sorry I spaced out for a minuite, what did you say?"  "I said that i think Tanner is going to ask me to the dance" she said with a hopeful smile.  "You know you should go with someone else this year" She said.  "Why whats wrong with Keats?" I asked.  "Nothing its just that you guys go as friends and you should let him have spcae to get a real date, i hear he just does it cause he feels bad for you" she said serously. "Though if it wasn't for him you would have a date in a second, your gorgous. "Ya whatever i have to get to class" I said.

I really had five mins to get to class plenty of time to talk but i needed some air man that girl doesn't let you breathe.  What if what she said was true maybe I'm just holding him back.  "Hey why didn't you come say hi before?" i knew it was Keaton before i turned around.  "Well you could of to you know"  "Are you alright?  What did that Tamara do this time?" He dug for the meaning behind my mood.  "Sorry its nothing, well not nothing just something she said. Just forget it" I said walking away.  "And hey I'm not gonna go to the dance with you" I said over my shoulder. 

Keatons POV

"And hey I'm not gonna go to the dance with you" she said without even looking me in the face.  I felt like I was just hit by a train.  This was the year, i was going to ask my beautiful amazing friend Cora to the dance not as friends but as my date.  I pulled a small box out of my pocket and opened it.  It was a silver heart charm for her braclet.  On one side it  was ingraved Cocoa and the other side Keats.  

At lunch i decided to ask Jenny to the dance she was pretty and sweet but it still pained me that Cora ditched me.  I walked up to Jenny "Do you have a date for the Masqurade?" i asked searching her face for a answer.  "Are you asking me?" she smiled.  "Yea i guess i am" i smiled back.  "YES YES KEATON I WILL GO WITH YOU" she jumped at me and hugged me.

Cora's POV

"YES YES KEATON I WILL GO WITH YOU" i think Jessie or Jenny shouted.  Who knows and who cares i looked over to the dirction of the ear peircing sound waves and saw them hugging.  "Well Marti you were right" i said to Tamara she shot me a sypothetic smile.

I still wasn't compleetly over the whole Keaton thing but whatever he was only my bestfriend i didn't own him or anything.   I was looking at the ground when i noticed a pair of converses that were in sync with my walk.  "Hey" I said emotionless to the smiley Keaton beside me.  "Do you wanna come to my house?" he asked as we parked ourselves in front of our lockers which were conviniently located beside eachother.  "Sure buddy" i smiled.  "Drew is picking us up in a few" he said as he jogged away.

"Hey children how was school" Drew mocked us as we jumped in the car.  "Oh shut up Drew" Keaton laughed.  Keatons house is about a 30min drive from school so I lay back and listened to music of my phone.  

When we got to his house we immediatly turned on the tv and watched some boring music show.  Keaton was so into it though i swear he was born guitar.  We later finished our homework which was not very much nicely.  We were back at the couch when my phone rang.  "Hey Mom" I said.  "K I'm heading out the door" "Bye" I turned to Keaton.  "My Mom is outside" i half smiled at him.  We both stood up and headed for the door.

Keatons POV

I was gonna do it, i was going to give it to her and tell her i loved her. The charm box was in my hoodie pocket all evening actually all week but who's counting. We stood infront of the door she was leaving and the dance was on friday i knew she didn't have a date. Heck i was super lucky to get one so last minute.  "Bye Keats" she said sweetly i wraped my arms around her wast.  "Bye Cocoa" she pulled away and walked out the door.